The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M8 + Zeiss ZM and Voigtlander Lenses

kchong

Up for sale is my Leica M8 in black. I'd love to be able to keep it but unfortunately I do need to free up some cash as I'm graduating soon...

The camera works perfectly and was serviced by Leica USA last March, which included a full sensor and rangefinder calibration. There is some wear on it, particularly around the strap lugs but I think it still looks great. The M8 engraving on the front has been blacked out for "stealth" and I've replaced the terrible plastic screen cover with a glass one. Comes with two aftermarket batteries and one original. $1550.

Also for sale are:
Zeiss ZM 25mm F/2.8 - In black, great condition, THE sharpest 25/24mm lens ever made and one of Zeiss' best lenses. Modified with Leica-style focus tab. Comes with original Zeiss lens hood. $880, add $20 for B+W UVIR Filter.

Zeiss ZM 35mm F/2 - In black, good condition, not quite as good as the 25mm but still can go up against Leica's 35 Summicrons. Modified with Leica-style focus tab. $800

Voigtlander 15mm F/4.5 - In black, screw mount, body has wear on it but the glass is perfect. Works great on the M8 unlike other mirrorless cameras. $380, generic UVIR filter and CV 15/21mm viewfinder included.

Thumbs Up CSEP -4 Double Shoe Thumb Grip - An essential grip for digital Leica's. Makes handling them much easier. Comes with an extra slot over the viewfinder for easier use of external viewfinders. $60

Thumbie Thumb Grip - Like the above but doesn't take up the hotshoe. $40

Take all of the above for $3550 or M8 + 25 + 35 + Grips for $3250. Either would make a fantastic starter kit in the Leica world.

However, discounts are possible for any combination. All reasonable offers considered.

Also have a Voigtlander Bessa L for sale. Would go great with the 15mm. Take the Bessa + Lens + Viewfinder for $480.

ONLY looking to trade for Fuji X-Pro 1 or X-E1 and 18-55 lens. Maybe 35mm 1.4 as well.

Last edited:

kchong

M8 price reduced to $1550. Forgot to add that a Voigtlander 15/21mm viewfinder is included in the price of the 15/4.5.

kchong

Whoops, forgot to mention that the Thumbie is new and in box. I got it recently and never got the chance to use it.