The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Schneider Nikon Fuji Ebony - LF Sale

thrice

Ebony 45S - $2000
Comes boxed and in Mint- condition.
Has added Ebony wide angle fresnel, properly installed so focus is 100% accurate. This makes a huge difference to edge illumination on the GG with 135mm and wider.
Has body cap and GG protector plate.

Excuse the handsome bastard in the reflection.

With lenses please specify the length of shutter release wanted - short/med/long. Lensboards included.

Nikon SW 75mm f/4.5 - $500
Mint- condition

Schneider Super Symmar XL 110mm f/5.6 - $1100
Boxed Mint condition with original caps

Fuji 300mm f/8.0 T - $200
Ex condition

Nikon AM 120mm f/5.6 - $500
Boxed Mint condition with original caps

Buyer pays postage and Paypal fees.

Last edited:

thrice

The 75mm Nikkor is a great alternative to the 72mm Schneider XL, if you're careful with filter mounting you can get a heck of a lot of image circle and I think the 200mm quoted by Nikon is conservative. The darkened top & bottom of the first image are due to bellows shading, not running out of image circle.

durrIII

Daniel
Great equipment! If you are to choose only one lens, which would it be?
Very little experience with LF but anxious to learn it.
thanks
Durr

thrice

Hi Durr,

If I wanted single ultrawide shots with moderate shift I'd go the 75.
If you want to stitch or use extreme movements with a moderate wide (approx 28mm equiv) I'd go for the 110XL.
If you want to shoot macro or very close up portraits with APO correction and incredible sharpness I'd go for the 120AM.

Here's a shot from the 120 wide open that shows the coverage:

And here's a shifted shot with the 110XL, I don't think a 4x5 camera exists that can 'out shift' this lens:

thrice

110XL sold
Ebony 45S sold
120 Nikkor sold

Only item remaining is the 75mm Nikkor, at the asking price I offer free shipping and I will absorb the paypal fees.

ghoonk

The 75 sounds like a pretty good lens. I'm in the market for a wide angle for my Linhof Technika V, and wondering if you have any idea if this will require the use of the wide angle focusing device or it will work fine without it

If the wide angle focusing device is required, that's fine as I have one, but it will require a lensboard for a 2x3/6x9 which measures around 74mm x 81mm. Any idea?

thrice

Hi,

I'm pretty sure it will work fine but I know very little about the Technika V I'm afraid. In terms of rangefinder focusing I doubt it would be accurate with a lens that does not have a dedicated cam.

You would need to acquire a lens board with a Copal 0 hole.
Not quite sure where to find one sorry.

ghoonk

Oh, I won't be using the rangefinder with this lens. If anything, I might need it to be on a 2x3 lensboard - could you confirm the lens board size? Copal 0, got it. Worst case, I'll need to get a helical adapter for this. Any idea what tools are needed to change out the lensboards?

thrice

A flat-tipped lens spanner is all you need to take the retaining ring off and change boards.