The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB/WTR: Used 120 film scanner with ICE

K

karrphoto

While I have a Minolta Multi II that will scan 645, 6x7, 120 pano's, etc. I can't deal with the not having ICE for removal of dust. No matter HOW hard I try, I always get dust. Clean it with the radioactive dust brushes, fluid, etc. It drives me nuts.

I worked for a while in Denver back in 2001 at Mikes Camera and as an employee I could "borrow" equipment for a week. Well, my week turned into 3 months with the Nikon Coolscan 8000ED (I think that's what it was) because I was scanning so much. But now, I don't have access to that, and was thinking, there has to be somewhere that sells used scanners???? I just can't find it. So I'd like to find something to scan at least 4000dpi on my 120 film, but I don't want to break the bank. I can't break the bank, how about that? I don't care if I have to scan one frame at a time as long as I can get good results out of it and even better if I can use my old favorite Vuescan with it for multi-pass scanning.

Since I'll eventually be buying a MFDB I need to save my pennies for that, and I am on a limited income... Being on disability sucks. :(

So, where can a poor guy go to get a scanner these days and not spend a fortune? Hell, I'd be even up for renting for a month or something like that.

Thanks