The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M3, 35mm ASPH, 50mm DR, 21mm F/3.4, 35mm Summaron, 90mm, rare 28mm F/2.8 V1

BrettS

Hello all,

...some Spring cleaning...

Up for sale is a beautiful late production 1965 Leica M3 (Serial #1129XXX.) This camera was fully CLA’d by Leica NJ on 04/04/07 and additionally was checked over by Sherry Krauter last week (04/09/2013) who “Adjusted speed tension, brake, rangefinder. Checked and adjusted to Leica tolerances.” A copy of paperwork from both Leica NJ and Sherry will be included. Obviously, this camera is 100% ready to go.

It has a few minor cosmetic marks, so it is not a “perfect” collector camera, but is an ideal M3 to shoot and enjoy. Includes original metal Leica body cap, two flash plugs, and I even have a clean original ever-ready case if the new owner wants that as well.

These late (over #1.1 million serial number) single stroke models are arguably the best M bodies Leica ever built. Truly a special camera in great condition with a known and documented service history.
Price: $1375.00

LENSES:

1) Leica 35mm F/2 Summicron ASPH- Includes original Leica front and rear caps, Leica leather case, and original Leica #12526 hood. Glass is extremely clean and aperture is perfect. Some minor cosmetic marks on the barrel but optically and mechanically without fault. Sherry Krauter checked over the lens last week (04/09/2013) and indicated “No need for service, Checked to Leica tolerances.” A copy of this paperwork will be included in the sale. I also have a Leica #12504 vented round hood that can be sold separately for this lens. A fantastic 35mm lens! Price: $2375.00

2) Leica 50mm F/2 Dual Range Summicron- Later dual distance scale model. Includes original Leica front and rear caps, original Leitz close-focus goggles, and goggle case. I have owned almost a dozen DR and Rigid Summicrons and this one is as clean as they come. Fully CLA’d by Leica NJ (dated 03/23/07) and additionally had Sherry Krauter check over the lens last week as well (04/09/2013.) She indicated “No need for service, Checked for Leica tolerances.) Paperwork from both Leica NJ and Sherry will be included. These are getting harder and harder to find, much less with a known reputable service history. Simply one of the best lenses Leica ever made. I also have a #12585 vented hood that can be sold additionally for this lens. Price: $1275.00

3) Leica 21mm F/3.4 Super-Angulon- Includes original Leica #12501 hood, a rare original 48mm Leica UVa filter, and after market deep rear cap. Aperture is snappy and blades are clean and dry. Focus is smooth and infinity lock is functioning perfectly. Glass is very clean except for some minor visible coating marks on the front element. They appear only in the coating (not the glass itself) and have no effect on images. Not a perfect lens, but a great solid shooter. This lens has the unique feature of close-focusing down to .4m (16 inches.) Can make for some very interesting shots! It is deservedly a legendary optic. Incredibly sharp with a “pop” to the images. Unfortunately, it is just too wide for my needs. Price: $1375.00

4) Leica 35mm F/3.5 Summaron- LTM Screw Mount Version- Includes original Leica rear cap and generic plastic front cap. Super well made and built like a tank. Extremely clean front and rear elements with great coatings. Some very minor haze internally; but that is almost unavoidable in a lens of this vintage. Focus and aperture are smooth with infinity lock working perfectly. Classic rendering and with 10 aperture blades it will produce beautiful bokeh. A super small, compact lens that you can take anywhere. I also have a LTM-M adapter that can be purchased separately. Price: $475.00

5) Leica 90mm F/4 Elmar- M-Mount Version- Includes original Leica front and rear caps. Fully serviced by Leica NJ on 3/23/07 (at a cost of $142.25) and used very seldom since. A copy of the paperwork from Leica NJ will be included. Super clean glass and coatings. This is a very sharp lens with 15 aperture blades that make beautiful out of focus rendering. A small, clean, inexpensive 90mm that can be taken everywhere. Price: $225.00

6) Leica 28mm F/2.8 Elmarit- Rare 1964 9-Element, Version One with black paint infinity lock. Includes Leica #12501 Hood, Leica #14102P front cap, Leica Serie VII UVa filter, Leica Serie VII Green filter, Leica Serie VII Yellow filter, and generic deep rear cap. This lens is the black paint “equivalent” to the 35mm and 50mm Summicrons of the day. This particular lens has the earlier rare red paint on barrel and a black paint infinity lock. Glass is extremely clean. Lens was serviced by Sherry Krauter on 02/05/2013. A copy of the receipt will be included. A sharp and classic rendering lens due to the symmetrical design. Simply beautiful in black and white. A great lens to shoot with or collect that is only going to keep consistently appreciating in value. Price: $2800.00

7) Canon 135mm F/4 Serenar- Screw Mount Lens- Glass is very clean and aperture moving smoothly. I may be able to find a LTM-M adapter to be sold separately if needed. Price: $100.00

Please PM with any questions or requests for photos. Please leave your e-mail address in the PM, so I can send photos directly.

(Also available, please PM for details and pictures: Mamiya 7ii with 43mm Lens and Viewfinder ($2200.00), Leica M4 Advance lever ($40.00), Leica Coin Slot Battery Cover for M6, M7, MP ($25.00), Nikon F2 ($200), Nikkor 180mm F/2.8 AI ($325.00)

I am located in the NYC area and face-to-face deals are welcome.

Thanks-
-Brett-