The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Nikon AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D IF-ED

Nixer

Looking to sell my Nikon AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D IF-ED.

This is an awesome lens for landscapes! Works best for FX/Full Frame cameras and did not require any fine tuning on my D3 or my D7000.

It has 2 marks on the body (Picture 1 - between 20mm-17mm mark on zoom ring and Picture 3) but the glass is dust free, scratch free and fungus free. It was sent to Authorized Photo Services in October 2012 for repairs and cleaning. It does squeak a little (this lens is notorious for this) when focusing after it has been sitting for a bit but the technicians did not find anything wrong with the AF-S motor or any reason for it to be replaced.

Will come with original hood, original hard case and caps ONLY. I do not have the box/manual etc.

Only reason I'm selling is I'm thinking of moving to primes or the 24-70mm. Will entertain trades for the 35mm f/1.4G, 24mm f/1.4G, 28mm f/1.8G or 24-70mm otherwise $1100 via PayPal which covers fees + UPS Ground shipping w/Insurance to CONUS ONLY.

If you are in the Chicago area for a face to face meet I can drop the price a bit.

Pictures of ACTUAL item below:

Nixer

Dropped price to $900.

For what I paid for this lens originally and then what I paid to have it repaired I am taking a substantial loss but I think there is still room enough to have the AF-S motor replaced if the small amount of squeaking bothers you. As you can read from the repair bill almost everything was cleaned and replaced just over 7 months ago and if you view the pictures I've taken with it on Flickr you can see I've used it minimally since then.