The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rolleiflex 2.8f Planar TLR

lamlux

Rolleiflex 2.8F Twins Lens Reflex
Carl Zeiss Planar 80mm f2.8 lens

This is a model 1 Rolleiflex 2.8f, it was CLA'd last year, but does show signs of normal use which is pretty normal considering the age of the camera.
It needs no introduction, it's one of the best medium format cameras available, I used this lens for numerous memories and it's time to pass it on.
It's been great to me, no issues what so ever.
I've used the prism on it and it worked well.
The focusing screen is the standard 2.8f split microprism with grid.

I'm including a HeavyStar Bay III to 43mm thread adapter so you can use any 43mm filter you wish on it.

Condition:
- It operates nicely, the film advance does squeak a little, as you crank it.
- Taking lens coating is a bit tarnished from cleaning, see photos, there's a light what appears to be wear on the front element but doesn't affect images.
- Normal paint wear, leather wear, a few slight dings on some parts of the camera like the front face (side) but doesn't affect usability at all.
- Light meter is responsive and seems to be okay, but I didn't trust it and just covered it. I've also uncoupled it by turning the ISO button past the range, you can re-enable it by turning it back. The clear plastic on the focusing knob covering the light meter indicator is a bit scuffed, but doesn't obstruct viewing.
- Plastic cover over frame counter is missing, doesn't affect usability.
- Aperture dial is smooth
- Aperture blades are clean and no signs of wear.
- Shutter speeds sound and look smooth on all speeds.
- Shutter speed dial is smooth, but if you try going from 250 to 500 sometimes it may be hard to get there, this may be because the shutter is cocked or other reasons.
- Generally the camera has normal wear and tear for a camera over 50 years old. It was not a shelf queen and used.
- Please please see photos and ask questions you have before purchasing.

Shipping will be done via USPS Priority with insurance and signature confirmation.

Paypal fees and shipping in CONUS are included in price.

Price: $1050

Last edited: