The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon S2 & lenses: 50, 25, 85

When I began using Nikon RF cameras again (after about 35 years), this was my 'starter kit.' Everything functions perfectly, but I'm selling it because I gradually acquired more exotic Nikon RF gear.

Nikon S2 body #6176382 with half-case, and instruction manual (copy, not original). 2012 CLA by Essex NJ. This camera has had light use and shows very light scuffing but no brassing. Its cosmetic flaws are concentric circles on the bottom, from turning it on a tripod; and a very small ding in the top plate made by Essex when they serviced it. (In the photo I've marked the spot with a red karat symbol, because it's quite hard to see.)

The camera comes with a 50mm CV Nokton Aspherical f1.5 lens in Nikon S-mount, #9311311, black. I purchased this new and used it for only a few rolls (before locating a Millennium Nikkor). Original caps and box; always used with a filter.

Camera body and 50mm lens together, $860. (Not for sale separately now; might list them separately later.)

25mm CV f4 Skopar lens in Nikon S-mount, #3020788, black, with CV viewfinder. Looks like new except for one paint scratch on the back where it rubbed on the camera's bayonet during mounting. Slim hood included; original front cap, and generic WA rear cap. $345 including finder.

8.5cm Nikkor-P.C f2 #289443, chrome, with Nikon viewfinder and case. This is the 'Big Bertha' 85mm in very solid brass. Barrel is Exc +, with distances in feet. Glass is fine: DAG did an excellent job of cleaning it at the end of last year. Viewfinder in nice condition, though slightly hazy, as they all are – CameraWest listed it as Condition 9. Lens comes with aftermarket caps and what looks like an aftermarket hood (because the chrome has faded to a warmer color than the barrel). $560 including finder.

PLEASE NOTE that these lenses are in Nikon S mount, not M or LTM. But you can use the 50 or 85 on Leica M with an Amedeo adapter.

I pay shipping, you pay Paypal. I've bought/sold a number of items on DPI (thompsonkirk), and RFF (thompsonks), and also have 100% positive feedback on the big auction site (thompsonks).

I'm posting one picture of each item here, and a full set of 14 pictures on flickr:
Nikon S2 for sale - a set on Flickr
(The slideshow won't open on Safari, so please look at the photos individually.)

Last edited:
A Nikon aficionado has written to tell me that the hood for the 8.5cm f2 Nikkor is indeed original – they were made of a different material and all faded this way.

Kirk

OK, time to sell body and Nokton separately:

S2 body: $600 - complete CLA by Essex (just before Hurricane Sandy)

50 S-Mount Nokton f1.5: $300

Kirk

Last edited: