The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

35mm pre-asph Summilux in nice condition

The 35mm pre-aspherical Summiluxes, designed by Walter Mandler, are famous for their 'Leica glow' (aka attractive spherical aberration).

This is #3192427, Type 2, made in Canada in about 1982. It was CLAed by DAG two years ago and collimated for M9. He said it still contains some specks of dust, but that's normal.

When these lenses are used a lot, the lettering on the barrel ends up hard to read. As the picture indicates, this one doesn't show that sort of wear.

I'm selling it because I have a 35 Summicron v4 and an aspherical FLE. I've realized that I just wasn't getting around to using this one.

$2000, including rear cap and 12504 hood (hood in good condition).

I pay shipping, you pay Paypal. I have 100% positive feedback on RFF (thompsonks), DPI (thompsonkirk) and the big auction site (thompsonks).

(Besides pictures of the lens, I've included two that illustrate 'Leica glow.')