The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hexanon 50mm F1.2 Limited for M mount Leica

GDI

(Nite - new thread highlighting this lens alone)

KONICA M-HEXANON LIMITED 50mm F1.2

Like a Noctilux 1.0, only SHARP! About a third the price of the similar Hex 60mm 1.2, but offers the same results but just a little more field of view!

This is a beautiful Hex Limited F/1.2 lens. It comes with the Original Hood, Caps, and Filter. If you are familiar with this legendary lens, you will know that it is a fantastic performer and is highly sought after. You may also know that these lenses usually need to be adjusted for proper focus on a digital Leica.

This lens has already been adjusted for proper focus on Leica M cameras by Don Goldberg at DAG. Save yourself hundreds of $ plus the wait and frustration of getting one properly adjusted. These are usually SELLING for $2500- 3000, and may not focus properly on your Leica. The lens is perfect except for two little nicks on the barrel.

I am asking $2750. THIS IS A STEAL !! Consider the prices of the 60/1.2 at $8000 or more!

leicashot

The only reason people are hesitant is because it's never had a decent review done on it, regardless of it's greatness. Definitely a great lens that will eventually reach a similar price to the cheaper Noctilux.....just not yet, but a great investment IMHO

Farnz

I suspect that it also has to do with the enduring mystery surrounding the difference between the Konica flange to film plane register compared to the Leica flange to film plane register. Especially with a lens as fast as this one. For the record I've never seen proof of there being any difference between the Konica and Leica registers and Konica lenses focus accurately on Leica cameras. There's a reasonable likelihood that it was a rumour started by Konica to bolster sales of the Hexar RF.

This looks a beauty of a lens and I'd be interested if I wasn't already fortunate to own a Nocti. GLWYS.

Pete.

GDI

I have heard of a number of people who had focusing issues on digital Ms. This one was off noticably before Don adjusted the shimming - now it is spot on of course.

FWIW, I have gotten a bit of interest, but I am firm on my price for now. I may find something else to sell since I knw it is highly unlikely that Ill ever find another!