The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Leica M8 recently CLA'd

lamlux

Selling my Used Leica M8, I JUST got this but I literally was just given a job opportunity I couldn't refuse, but I need a dSLR to accomplish the job.. mainly because it require some video.. if only the M8 had video..!:eek:

Serial: 3100390

This camera is great. It has been to Leica twice, once to repair a "jam" error code which Leica replaced an arm and CLA'd it as well as did pixel restoration (remapping sensor) and just last year, received a full CLA and pixel/column restoration once more for perfect operation.

Camera is in tip top operating condition despite the 34,000 actuations. Rangefinder is perfectly aligned.

Screen has a Giottos screen protector installed.

The condition of the body is worn but not abused. Light brassing or "chroming" since this is black chrome can be seen on the top and bottom plates, very subtle but very nice.

The M8 white paint has been removed.

Camera operates wonderfully, images are fantastic from the APS-H sensor. The only way to experience a digital rangefinder is with an Digital M.

Included will be:
-Leica M8
-Leica Manual
-Leica Paperwork specifying the two times it was sent in for service, including the arm replacement AND last year's CLA.
-1 Leica Battery + Charger
-2 Spare Batteries
-Original Leica M8 strap
-Giottos screen protector installed
-All that is listed is what comes with it. No box will be included.

Item will be shipped via USPS Priority with Insurance and Signature confirmation.
Express shipping can be arranged if needed.

Price: $1500 shipped and PayPalled

Trades:
Looking for a D600 body
OR
a D700 with a AF-S 24-85mm f3.5-4 ED VR Lens depending on condition and actuations.

Last edited:

xtianyves

I can't believe you sold your M8 already especially since you just got it! Congrats on selling and your new gig!

lamlux

I really don't want to get rid of it but the gig I have got requires video as well as other events later this year!