The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Leica Vario Elmarit R 28-90 £3,800 GBP

jonoslack

HI There
Sadly, in my quest for a Monochrom, some other things must go, and lovely though this lens is, it's not used that much, so it must go. It's a rare lens, and although there are one or two around for sale, I think this is a good deal.

it has a few very slight marks on the front of the sliding lens hood and on the rear baffle - otherwise it's mint - the pictures show up the marks much better than my eyes!

Needless to say there are no dents or dings, and the glass is immaculate. It comes boxed with all paperwork.

I'll accept a bank transfer or paypal (+3%) transport in the EU will be free of charge - £75 to the states - other countries at cost - of course any taxes liable are your responsibility

Please note that the price is in GBP (pound sterling).

All the best
Jono Slack

Farnz

Hi, Jono,

Which brand of Leica M to R adaptor is that between your 28-90 and your M?

(I already have a 28-90 Vario-Elmarit-R or I'd have taken an interest in yours because it's such a superb lens at all focal lengths.)

GLWYS,
Pete.

jonoslack

Hi, Jono,

Which brand of Leica M to R adaptor is that between your 28-90 and your M?

(I already have a 28-90 Vario-Elmarit-R or I'd have taken an interest in yours because it's such a superb lens at all focal lengths.)

GLWYS,
Pete.
HI Pete
I hope you're well? and that you've booked your ticket to Wetzlar (I'll need you as a subject again :).

That's a Leica prototype I had with the M.
As you say, it's a fantastic lens, and I'll be very sad to see it go, but if it gets me closer to that Monochrom then it'll be worthwhile!

All the best

jonoslack

Hi Jono, wow, what a beautiful lens. I am excited to hear when you get a Monochrom back in your hands.
Hi Ashwin
Buy it!
You know you need it :)

If I manage the Monochrom it'll be for occasional use only - the M does lovely black and white, and for landscape shots the ability to change the channel mixer will count for more than the extra resolution . . . . but for those late night people shots there's nothing to touch the MM

all the best

Farnz

Very well, thanks, Jono, and I hope you, Mrs S, et alia are likewise.

Thanks for letting me know about the prototype adaptor.

If you can stand peering at me through your viewfinder (you must be made of stern stuff!) then it would be an honour to be your, er, 'model' again.:p

Yep, Wetzlar's all booked so see you there with your Monochrom.
Pete.

HI Pete
I hope you're well? and that you've booked your ticket to Wetzlar (I'll need you as a subject again :).

That's a Leica prototype I had with the M.
As you say, it's a fantastic lens, and I'll be very sad to see it go, but if it gets me closer to that Monochrom then it'll be worthwhile!

All the best

jonoslack

Hi There Pete
I haven't booked anything yet - but I'm pretty sure we'll be going.

I guess my challenge would be to win the daytime challenge with a snap of you're wonderful mug!

all the best

jonoslack

Stop Press

Novoflex R to M adapter included FOC

This works perfectly well with the camera - however, it brings up the wrong framelines, so it will not bring up the R lens selection (even if coded).

HOWEVER​

If you select the lens manually as a 90mm (or anything else), then it works perfectly - no corrections needed even for the wide end - it also is no real disadvantage, as selecting the 28-90 in the R menu selection still only puts '28mm' into the exif information.

All the Best