The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR/A12 50mm F2.5 Macro module

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Ricoh GXR/A12 50mm F2.5 Macro 'lensor'

I live in Australia, so will pay for shipping on top. Address: Canberra, 2902 fpr pricing.

I will be patient, this time!!!

TIA, KL

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Godfrey, yes.

I found using the GXR together with the NEX 6s to be quite difficult actually. One reason, I suppose, is that I have not yet had time to set it up so that the buttons are roughly in the same place. And even using the 1 to 1 ratio, 28 mm is still too wide a focal length for me. And that particular module can only focus down to 20 cm.

I actually had one of the new Fuji 100s cameras on order but the financial controller got quite upset about the spectre of me buying yet another camera. I imagine some readers here have had similar experiences! And in truth the 35mm focal length is not ideal for me either, as I recall from the Fuji 100 I had a year or so ago. For now I am going to persist with the 30/2.8 Sigma on the NEX 6 when I need a still camera. The new 60/2.8 should arrive this week to end that really will be a complete set up.

The only reason I wanted another camera in addition to the pair of NEX sixes was simply to have a personal camera set up only for stills and to carry it with me everywhere. The cameraman that I work with on making our products has become interested in the NEX 6 and we're thinking of selling our HMC 152s as a result. This is not a video forum so I will not go on, but my gear buying and selling over this last year has been about the (perhaps impossible) quest of finding two cameras that can be used in a two-camera video situation AND be a decent stills camera.

Godfrey

Oh, I know all about the "will this work better than that for me?" hunt. I've got more darn equipment right now than I can keep track of, and it's time to start trimming it down. Well, as soon as my conference is over next week.

Such it is. ;-)

G