The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: rare Angenieux 90/1.8 P1 L39 Lens

silverlight99

Hi - selling from my person collection a very unique and hard to find Angeniuex 90mm f/1.8 Type P1 lens with original L39 screw mount. Very special and unique lens. Will be gradually selling a number of great lenses from my collection as I get time to post over the summer. This is one of my favorites, and of the non-Leica lenses this and the Konica Hexanon 60/1.2 are the most special IMO. I took the lens with me to a golf course this past weekend and took a few sample photos including a couple shots with my daughter and a couple random shots so you can see how the lens performs (all hand-held). On the M9, this lens exhibited some focus shifting issues, so I had it calibrated and serviced by the best person I could find in the U.S., John Van Stelten at Focal Point, Inc. There were some trade-offs in the repair in terms of keeping some amount of focus shift in order to maintain good infinity focus, but overall I've found its quite good now. In fact, with the Leica M 240 I hit perfect focus 100% of the time with the advent of liveview through the EVF as you can focus through the lens view. All-in I paid about $6500 for this lens over a couple years ago and am asking my cost. A couple of these lenses in similar condition can be found on EBay for much higher prices ($8-$12k), so felt this was a fair price. Please PM with any questions. I've transacted plenty of high value items on GetDPI so feel free to peruse feedback or prior posts. Thank you for looking!

Wide-open at 1.8

Wide-open at 1.8

at f/4.0

Wide-open at 1.8

at f/2.8

silverlight99

I had meant to add an evening example or two earlier, but never got a chance to take them. Ran outside this evening to grab a couple from the street. Truly unexciting subject matter, just taking a couple pics to give a sense of rendering. Both taken at 1/15, f/1.8, ISO 320 on the M240 using a monopod for some added balance.