The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 35mm Summicron f/2 - Chrome, 4th Version - Pre-Asph

Vin Yette

Leica 35mm Summicron-M (7 elements, 4th version in chrome finish)
Model: 11311 (M-mount) Made in Germany, Not 6-bit coded

Please send inquiries to me via PM (as opposed to posting in the ad). My work schedule is a bit sporadic but I’ll answer PM’s as quickly as possible as work allows.

Price: $2900 (USD). Shipping/Insurance will be actual cost and the responsibility of the buyer. I’m open to different forms of payment, but if Paypal is used, the buyer must be Verified and is responsible for the fee. Prefer sale within US, but open to other countries as well (but I will not undervalue or declare as gift....sorry).

This lightly used Leica 35mm Summicron lens is in beautiful cosmetic and functional condition.

Glass Condition - Clean and clear, no fungus or haze, typical minuscule amounts of internal dust specks that all lenses tend to have - no affect on image quality.
Serial number - 368xxxx (approx. date of manufacture 1995).
Focus - Smooth and well dampened through full range.
Aperture - Indexes perfectly through full range. Blades are clean and free of oil.
Exterior of the lens - Beautiful condition with only a couple of minor superficial marks you’d expect with careful handling. As is typical with this lens, there is a small mark on the accessory carrier where the hood mounts to the lens. It’s very subtle, I tried to capture it in the photo showing the side of the lens with the red arrow.

In addition to the above description, I have photos available at:
Leica 35mm Summicron (Chrome Pre-Asph) - a set on Flickr

Included with the lens:
- Original Box w/matching serial number (in nice shape, it has a few cosmetic imperfections - one side has a surface tear, and the price on the retail pricetag on the face has the original price blacked out. Otherwise, the box shows typical wear from being opened and closed, etc.).
- Leather carrying case
- Front and rear caps
- Hood w/cap
- Chrome 39mm Leitz UV filter (will ship attached to lens, no case)

Reference: I’ve been an eBay member with perfect buying and selling feedback for over 10 years. I also sold a lens on here 2 years ago (a chrome 75mm Summicron), but I don't believe feedback was left.

Thanks for looking.