The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica 19mm Ver II ROM, $2800 shipped North America

robsteve

Subscriber
I had this lens in a bulk listing of some other R lenses I had for sale. All the other lenses have sold, so here it is in its own listing.

I have had this lens since probably 2001 or so. It has always been a fine performer. About seven years ago when I got a DMR back, the lens went to Leica for a full strip down and CLA and to have ROM added.

It is in EX+ shape with some marks on the barrel, particularly where the hood mounts, as it is a metal ring on the hood. The focus is super smooth because of the relatively recent CLA. It comes with front and rear caps, hood and the snap on hood cap.

The price includes shipping to anywhere in North America. I will ship world wide, but will pass on any extra cost.

The photo is from the original listing. If I get a chance this week I will take some more recent photos of the lens.

Here are a couple images from the lens. I think the first is full frame, the second a series of verticals stiched.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
While I think it is a remarkable performer on the D800, I am (unfortunately) at an age where my vision -- ahemmmm --- appreciates AF. It's the reason I sold my ZF lenses too. I do make the MF exception for the PC-E lenses simply because of what they are.

robsteve

Subscriber
While I think it is a remarkable performer on the D800, I am (unfortunately) at an age where my vision -- ahemmmm --- appreciates AF. It's the reason I sold my ZF lenses too. I do make the MF exception for the PC-E lenses simply because of what they are.
Jack, I probably have to agree with you. With the finders on the AF cameras not optimized for manual focusing, the lesser performing AF lenses produce better in focus images than an out of focus image from a high performance lens. Once I sold the DMR and tried the Leica lenses on the D800E, I realized only Live view focusing did justice to the better lenses and I didn't see myself shooting everything that way.

This lens is still looking for a new home.