The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTS Nikon D700 (canada) CHEAP

steven91

Hi there, I have for sale my friend's used Nikon D700. Unfortunately it has suffered a drop and there are some cosmetic damages on it, hence the low pricing.

Aside from the cosmetic damage, the camera is fully functional. (note: that due to the damage, the camera is probably no longer fully weather sealed)

Shutter Count: ~61,000 (rated to last for 150,000)

Condition: User

For pictures please check out the ebay posting:
Nikon D700 12 1 MP Digital SLR Camera Black Body Only 0001820825446 | eBay

-CF Card Door doesn't close fully/seal (See Photo 4)
-Crack on Nikon logo (See Photo 1)
-Built in flash sometimes gets stuck down due to crack on logo, requires pushing it up after pressing button. Flash itself still works perfectly once out though.

included
- D700
- Nikon hand strap
- Nikon strap
- 2x Original Nikon OEM Battery (Not 3rd party branded)
- Battery Charger

Price: $1000 O.B.O.
Shipping + Paypal fees extra & at cost/negotiable

Item located in London, Ontario Canada.
Canadian Buyer Preferred, No sales outside of North America.

Thank You.

Sparky16

How can you describe this as "FULLY FUNCTIONAL" when CF card door doesn't close fully, built-in flash doesn't pop when it's supposed? It's not just cosmetic, it's functional damage.

steven91

How can you describe this as "FULLY FUNCTIONAL" when CF card door doesn't close fully, built-in flash doesn't pop when it's supposed? It's not just cosmetic, it's functional damage.
Hi there, I am just quoting what was told to me by my friend. I guess I could have done more due diligence on the wording of this advertisement.

By fully functional, I meant that it will turn on and still take photos without any errors. The CF card door does not fully close (creating a seal) but the CF reader works as it should and does not render any errors in the function. The built-in flash still fires when propped up, and its more of an inconvenience that will cost a few seconds to fix.

However, all this was stated in the original post. None of this information was concealed and I do not fully understand the purpose of your post. If you wish to discuss the wording of my advertisement as you believe it is misleading, please do so privately.

zoz63

Hi there
You should read the rules of this forum.
** Ebay & other sites: Posts that only point to other sale or auction sites are NOT appreciated. However, if your listed item has not sold here after 48 hours, then it is okay to add a note you've moved the the item to the 3rd party site. If you link prior to the 48 hour limit, your post may be deleted without comment. "