The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon Mania, F, F2, D600, 50/1.4 AFD, 24-85 AFS, F stuff

lamlux

Part 2 of liquidating the gear i've amassed. Finally decide to make a change, to slim it down and just keep what I really use.

I've tried to describe very clearly the condition of the camera, what works, what doesn't..

All items can be seen in many more photos here:
gear blow out

Black Nikon F2 Body with DP-1 Finder - $140 plus shipping
Serial: F2 7219649 - Early F2, Nov-Dec 1972 production.
Comes with standard "A" focusing screen.

This is a nice looking Nikon F2, with DP-1 finder.
The camera operates beautifully, but the DP-1 finder seems to have a little temper. I can usually use a roll with it not acting up, but when it does, it requires a jiggle to activate the meter and get a reading again. I researched that you could clean the rotating wheel inside to maintain contact better... I haven't got the time to go around and do this. Meter does work though.. albeit sporatic.

Shutter speeds sound good on the body up to max 1/2000th, viewfinder is clear.. General usage around the exterior, no dings or dents to make note of.

-------------------------------------------------------

Silver Nikon F with Photomic FTN Finder - $SOLD
Serial: 6985767 - 1969 production.

Nice looking F, with Photomic FTN finder. The finder is responsive and works well. As for the camera body, all shutter speeds sound good and curtains are in good shape.
There is no notable dings or dents on the camera, it is pretty clean. The Photomic prism does have one very light crease/dent on the front plate only that won't affect usage and is barely noticeable.
Meter is responsive but i've not used a proper voltage battery to confirm that the meter is indeed reading correctly.. With the higher voltage i'm obviously receiving a different (optimistic) reading.

Silver Nikon F with Photomic FTN Finder - $70 plus shipping
Serial: 7287442 - 1972 production.

Nice looking F, with Photomic FTN finder. The meter prism in this one is unresponsive. As for the camera body, all shutter speeds sound good and curtains are in good shape.
There is one notable ding on the camera, botom plate. it is pretty clean otherwise. This would be great as-is or with a finder, like the Waist level finder i'm selling below.

Nikon F Waist Level FInder - $SOLD
Great condition waist level finder, for that TLR-esque use.. It's really fun actually. Works on the F or F2. Clean Magnifier is clean too. Comes with leather case.

Nikon F Focusing Screen Type P - $10 plus shipping
Great condition focusing screen, this has a little bit of cleaning mark on the bottom, but still very very usable. I love this screen, cross diagonal split prism with lines. Comes with case.

--------------------------------------------------------

Nikon F Focusing Screen Type E - $10 plus shipping
Great condition focusing screen, clean, large fresnel and split prism in center. Comes with case and box.

---------------------------------------------------------

Nikon F Leather Case - $15 plus shipping
Great condition case, looks good, all works and intact. Some wear but still good.

Nikkor 50mm f1.4 AF-D Lens - $210 plus shipping
Nice 50mm lens, has some wear on the barrel, a small ding on filter ring but doesn't affect use of filters.. very very very minor cleaning mark (scratch) on front. Comes with front and rear caps.

Nikkor 24-85mm f3.5-4.5 AF-S G Lens ED Aspherical - $SOLD
Great great general purpose zoom that actually comes standard with the Nikon D600. I used this to do everything really. Really nice lens. Minor use, has one verrrryyy faint light/scratch on front element that is barely noticeable (you'll have to really look for it in the zoomed macro image). Comes with front and rear caps.

No photos but, hey, if you want it I could supply some.

Nikon D600 Body - 24mp FX SLR - $1450 plus shipping
Has 6,000 actuations, very clean, has minor viewfinder dust? (unsure if on the mirror or focusing screen). Needs no explanation, amazing high ISO (6400 is nothing) great size, weight (lighter than D700).
Comes with original box, papers, manual, strap, etc. etc.

All prices do not include shipping, please PM me for accurate quote.. This will be run as a first pay first serve, "PM sent" in comment box does not mean reserved or anything.

I'm willing to combine items too for shipping sake, or give discounts :)

Last edited: