The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Hasselblad H3D-31 with 80mm

bythewei

Hello everyone,

A good friend of mine does not have a GetDPI account so I am helping him to let go the following here:

1. H3D-31, complete with one battery and HVD-90x (44,000 actuations), Cosmetic 7/10
2. 80mm f/2.8 (3,300 actuations), Cosmetic 9/10

As we speak, the camera is over at our local distributor for general cleaning. He is looking to let go for $5600.

If you are paying via Paypal, please factor in another 3%.

Pictures coming up shortly.

Swissblad

The H3D-31 really is a good camera and yields excellent files - it is a pity that the D800 has effectively killed any MF body below 40mp - or at least that appears to be the opinion of many.

I hope you find a buyer.

lowep

pity that the D800 has effectively killed any MF body below 40mp - or at least that appears to be the opinion of many.

I hope you find a buyer.
Depends who is doing the talking. I still prefer the distinctive look of the image and better glass of legacy mfdb kits to what I have seen of the D800.

I also like old cars more than new ones :loco:

bythewei

Thanks all for the concerns! People who prefer to buy the Nikon D800 will never appreciate the goodness of a digital medium format anyway. Still hoping to let this gem meet its new owner.

MikeIp

The H3D-31 really is a good camera and yields excellent files - it is a pity that the D800 has effectively killed any MF body below 40mp - or at least that appears to be the opinion of many.
I disagree. I use a p25+ and in many ways it still blows away any DSLR file I've ever seen. The color and the ability to recover highlights and extract shadow detail are nothing short of amazing.

But really it's apples and oranges. There are lots the D800 can do that a MF camera can't and vice versa.

Swissblad

Hi guys, I use a H3D-31 as well, so I'm well aware of its qualities.
What I'm talking about is trying to sell one..... the perception in the market place amongst potential buyers who have not used MFD is that the D800 is as good or even better.
Just have a look at 2nd hand sale prices for similar MFD camera / backs - they have plummeted - as they are difficult to shift.