The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Leica M-E, Boxed, Complete, Unregistered, Warrantied $4095!

D&A

Hi All,

*** First Permit me to request that you contact me via e-mail to IRGdme "AT" AOL "dot" Com instead of a PM, since I will be on my small cell phone most of the day and PM's are difficult to access.

Up for sale is a Leica M-E body complete and boxed. Absolutely nothing was removed from the original box except for the body itself. All contents exactly as packed by Leica were left untouched and unused and unwrapped.

The camera was purchased a few months ago as a graduation gift for a student who will be traveling soon for the summer. After initial use while attaching an aftermarket strap, the top plate got a ding/dent by the top plate softly hitting the corner of a wooden table. Except for the cosmetic appearance of this ding/dent on the back side edge of the top plate, the entire camera is as pristine and flawless as the day it was taken out of the box brand new. I am the one and only original owner and the camera was purchased from a local authorized Leica USA dealer and has not been registered.

Needless to say camera operates and functions perfectly and exacting focusing tests with over 11 lenses at min distance, mid-range and infinity were precise and spot on. These lenses are all extremely well calibrated and it goes without saying ones mileage may vary with ones own lenses. In fact out of all the M9 type bodies I've shot with over the last few years, this M-E focuses more precise than any one I've ever used.

I've only included a picture of the ding/dent and every other aspect of the entire camera is without question without any signs of use. I tried taking a # of images of the ding and this was the best one I could come up with at this time. It feels smooth to the touch although upon close inspection, one can see a soft crease/slight fold marks within the dented area. Paint is completely smooth, unbroken and un-chipped and it simply looks like someone took their thumb and pressed "in". It's simply that ding that distinguishes it in look from a perfect new camera. Again unregistered camera comes with original box and entire contents.

Camera does NOT come with thumbs up pictured and the strap shown in the picture was simply an extra strap I had on hand. The original strap is of course packed unwrapped in it's original box. The rear LCD has a Schottz Glass LCD protector on it, which was installed the moment the camera was taken out of the box the 1st time and will be included.

Camera as of this ad has precisely 3170 actuations as determined by both the unique Hex/decimal conversion method as well as the well known Leica program available to determine last image attributes. A few more actuations might be added to this number depending when the camera sells.

The camera as mentioned is unregistered and since it has the majority of it's 2 year warranty left (approx 1 year and 7 months), if necessary, would of course be here to help facilitate the buyer with any warranty work that might arise during this time period.

Price is $4095.00 net to me plus actually shipping/insurance charges. Payment by Paypal (3%) and U.S. Postal money orders and other forms of payment may be excepted on a case by case basis.

Reason it's being sold is so the young student can eventually have a pristine camera of which he was presented with as it's only fair to him.

As many know, I've brought and sold here and on all the other usual forms with 100% great transactions and a more than decade long member of ebay with a perfect 1300 positives (no neutrals or negatives).

Again permit me to request that you contact me via e-mail to IRGdme "AT" AOL "dot" Com instead of a PM, since I will be on my small cell phone most of the day and PM's are difficult to access.

Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Hi All,

I just wanted to mention that this Leica M-E body is now "SOLD". As always, I am always appreciative of all the inquiries and interest members here have shown since I listed this item for sale. Thanks everyone!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited: