The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M8.2 Black (Solms warranty until April 2015)

wattsy

This is an official Leica UK ex-demo item that I bought in April this year as a back-up for an important job. I no longer need the camera, hence the sale. The camera was sold to me by an authorised UK dealer and comes from ex-demo stock made available by Leica earlier in the year (details here). The camera is in excellent condition though with some brassing, most noticeably on the baseplate. There are no gouges, dents or anything uglier than normal brassing. The sapphire LCD screen is perfect, as are the RF windows. The camera comes with all standard accessories, including compact charger, new strap and (what looks like) a new battery (current "cyrillic writing" version). There is no box or manual – the camera was supplied from Germany via the UK in a padded service box with all accessories in bubble wrap. The camera is presumably an ex-'Academy' camera and has had 8,900 actuations and my understanding is that it has had a CLA in Solms. The RF is accurate with my lenses (28 Summicron, 35 Summilux FLE and 75 Summicron). The camera was sold to me with full 1 year UK Passport warranty (transferable) and normal Solms international 2 year warranty and I was eligible to receive the 2 free filters. Warranty is valid until 16th April 2015.

Asking GBP 1500 though I will not be offended if you want to make a sensible offer. Payment by bank transfer or cheque (latter is UK only). Insured shipping is extra at cost.

I have an eBay rating of 100% (username 'mobilefish') and have sold Leica gear a few times here and many times on the LUF classifieds (I have been an active member of that forum since 2003).