The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Zeiss E-Mount 32mm f/1.8

Don Libby

Earlier this year I had a Sony NEX-7 (which I bought from Guy) converted to Infrared. I also picked up a Sony 20mm to use with the camera. I've used this lens shooting IR with great success in Big Sur, Death Valley, Taos NM, Devils Tower and Jackson Hole WY. When I first began using the lens I knew I wanted to shoot wider and about the time I left on my last trip Zeiss began shipping their newly released Touit lenses; sadly I didn't get mine until after I came home.

I ordered both the 12mm and 32mm lenses thinking I'd be more than happy with both.

While this lens works beautifully on the standard color NEX7 it creates a hotspot right in the center of the image when using it on the IR body which frankly sucks.

I kept thinking I'd keep it and find a work around however the more I use the 12mm the more I like it for what I'm attempting to do with IR so it has to go.

For Sale - Zeiss 32mm f/1.8 which includes the box and all original paperwork in like new condition. I'm asking $875 which includes PP and CONUS shipping. I'll ship overseas however since its a major pain to do it (I live in the sticks) you'll have to pay the shipping and handling plus all customs etc.

Thanks for looking

Don

Don Libby

Re: FS: Zeiss E-Mount 32mm f/1.8 PRICE DROP

This is an excellent lens so long as you're not shooting IR. I've tried this on the color NEX7 and it shines. The reason I bought it was for the IR so it has to go.

Price drop! I was asking $875 however that might be considered a little steep for a used lens. New price is $800 which I feel is more than fair.

Remember the price includes PP fees and CONUS shipping.

I'd like to get this sold and on its way soon as I'll be out of pocket the entire month of September. It's all boxed up waiting for a shipping address....

Don

Don Libby

This will be up for sale here for two more weekends then I'm leaving it behind as I take off for Jackson WY as well as the Hoh Rainforest in September. No shipping until I return in early October then if it has been sold off to E-Bay.

Give me an offer - the lest I can do is say no. :facesmack:

Don Libby

Okay, here's the deal. The first person to pay me $650 gets this lens. PP and free shipping conus. This is really a good lens - just not so good for infrared.

Help me find a new home for this.

Don