The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica IIIa Conversion - Original Black Paint, 1932

I know I'll regret this, but I'm selling my original black paint Leica IIIa. The serial number dates it from 1932, and it began its life as a II that was later converted sometime prior to WW2.

The camera is in great condition for being over 80 years old! There are obviously some scuffs and wear on the paint from age, but the leather is intact and there are no serious dents. Some more noticeable scratches on the bottom plate can be seen in the pictures.

The camera is fully functional as well - all shutter speeds seem accurate, the viewfinder is very clear, and the rangefinder is bright and aligned. Film loads properly and advances smoothly. That all said, I do not know if it has been CLA'd recently.

This is an amazingly beautiful camera, with great historical value as one of the first really successful 35mm cameras. Unfortunately, I can not afford to keep it right now.

Payment by paypal is preferred, I'll cover the fees. Please ask for a shipping quote!

I've bought and sold on GetDPI here, and I also have positive feedback on RFF under the same name. I also have 100% positive feedback on ebay under Supafly_Productions.

$460