The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Nikon 200mm f/2 VR version 1 Excellent price!

jstaben

starting a new thread

PRICE is $3425 now. Cheapest anywhere for this.

Optics are fantastic. Only difference between version 1 and 2 is

1) Several thousand dollars cheaper
2) Coating on front element (hood makes this pretty much a non-issue at least for me)
3) One more stop of VR

Version 1 to 2 was a minor upgrade. Rest is the same.

One pic shows RRS baseplate which isn't included. I will include regular base

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
I have one suggestion. You should sell it at FM Forums. This may not be the best forums for this lens. With this price, it will be sold very fast.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Maybe so . If I had enough coin I would do it but I'm short and I taken enough baseball bats to the head. LOL

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
why is this still here???
Cost and small market. It may be a good deal, but it's still a very expensive, large and dedicated use optic. I'd love to own it, I can afford it, but I don't need it. And I have other lenses that cover the range, only at f2.8 and not f2. If I had to have the f2, I'd have bought it the first day it was listed...

jstaben

Thanks Jack it's a very dedicated use optic that's for sure, and one that can give a unique signature. It's definitely a different look than f/2.8. I have a f/.95 Noct and like that, it's a special beast. Not for everyone, but fantastic! No worries here on my part, if someone wants a great deal on a 200mm and the best price out there, it's for the taking.

I've had this for a year and it's held it's value from what I purchased it for from KEH in excellent shape. I look at good deals like this as cheap rentals. I'll lose a bit on shipping and paypal fees or whatever but to have the lens use for a year for basically little cost is great. Also why I love these B&S forums! Priced right, photography lenses can be almost cost-free!