The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Voigtlander 75mm f2.5 (Silver) $185.00!

D&A

Hi All,

*** Please send all inquires/questions to IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com instead of a PM, so that I'm able to efficiently respond via my small cell phone.

Also please read my entire description to understand why this lens is priced at $185.00 which "INCLUDES" both Paypal and free shipping in CONUS.

I'll ship worldwide!

I have a Voigtlander 75mm f2.5 in L39 (Leica screw mt) and of course can be used with any Lecia screw mount or M mount body (the latter when used with the usual screw to M adapter, which is not included in this sale). The lens is in the desirable silver color and as you probably know is extremely sharp and very close in performance to the current Lecia 75mm f2.5 Summarit (which I directly compared both some time ago). The Voigtlander 75mm f2.5 deserves all the accolades its received over the years for it's exceptional performance.

All glass on this lens is LN , with extremely smooth and nicely dampened focusing, aperture blades perfect and pristine and barrel has a few very small cosmetci marks. Aperture rings clicks properly. Most would rate the outer barrel cosmetics as a LN- or at the very least better than E++ . It simply looks lovely! The original small screw on hood does have a number of deep scratches on one side and the original metal lens cap also has a few light scufffs, but this is of course cosmetic and seperate from the lens.

Here though is the issue. A couple years ago I had a qualified independent Leica tech remove the rear mount (simply loosen four simple screws on back of lens) and shave down the underside of the rear screw mount so that it would focus properly on a non-standard non Leica screw mount rangefinder body. The use of the camera was for a project. If this lens is mounted on a Leica body with the current modified mount, the lens will back focus significantly by a very wide margin. The easiest option is to simply aquire or possibly order a new rear screw mount for the lens which simply and quickly attaches with four screws. Alternatively I guess, shims of some sort with maybe longer mounting screws might also bring it in line with current focusing standard.

This lens in this condition with a normal non modified rear mount on average would go for $350.00 give or take. My firm price is $185.00 with all paypal fees covered and free 1st class non insured shiping in CONUS. Lens comes with original hood, original front metal cap and original screw on rear lens cap, as described above. Lens does not come with box or screw to M adapter. Upgraded shipping and/or with insurance additional at cost.

A un-stylized, unposed candid (in other words "quick and dirty") cell phone pic of lens. Dots seen on barrel are simply digital noise from the low light, low resolution phone image. Again lens does not come with screw to M adapter but has it's original caps as described.

Thanks and please remember to contact me via an e-mail to IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com instead of a PM.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Hi All,

This lens is now sold. I'm always grateful to those that contacted me and had interest in purchasing this lens. Thanks everyone!

Dave (D&A)