The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Withdrawn Leica 50mm Summicron "rigid" type 2 Chrome

johnnygoesdigital

Beautiful Summicron 50mm type 2 in chrome. Comes with hood/lens cap.
Recent CLA by DAG. Lens has been used lightly, shows some faint dust, but doesn't appear to show cleaning marks. Excellent cond. considering the serial numbers. U.S. PayPal confirmed. Free shipping Contig. U.S.

$1250

Last edited:

johnnygoesdigital

re: Withdrawn Leica 50mm Summicron "rigid" type 2 Chrome

This lens does have slight haze, so lowering the price to $850

Last edited:

johnnygoesdigital

This is a great price for a recent DAG CLA'd 50mm Summicron Rigid. Focus ring is as smooth as silk, chrome body shows almost no signs of use. Aperture blades are really clean. The aesthetic and rendering of this lens is perfect for the M3 to the MM. Includes filter, caps, and hood.
The haze is light, and around the interior element. Apparently common in lenses of this vintage.

U.S. Paypal confirmed

We are shooting frequently, so we'll get to PM's eventually. Although the haze is not obvious to me, I am lowering the price to reflect this. This is a wonderful lens regardless.

Last edited:

johnnygoesdigital

Here's a quote from DAG about the recent CLA on my 50mm Summicron...

John

last April I did a complete overhaul on your Summicron 50mm lens. The invoice with your lens says "cleaned,lubed, & adjusted for good working order" that’s a complete overhaul, nothing unusual was seen in the lens,

regards,

Don
DAG

BIXI

Hello johnnygoesdigital,
Please can you tell me out of 10 what score you'd give this lens?
Also, do you know the year this lens was made?
Thanks from New Zealand,
Birgit
Birgit Krippner.

BIXI

Hello johnnygoesdigital,
Please can you tell me out of 10 what score you'd give this lens?
Also, do you know the year this lens was made?
Thanks from New Zealand,
Birgit
Birgit Krippner.

johnnygoesdigital

Cosmetically the lens barrel is an easy 9.5. To gauge the glass elements is subjective though. There's no cleaning marks or scratches, but apparently a small amount of haze,(which is common) is on the front element, and there is small dust specks. I do not see the haze or dust in any photographs. The lens has a beautiful rendering and as DAG has mentioned, there's nothing unusual in the lens. Look at the aperture blades, they're perfect! At this price you can't beat it. This lens is probably from 1958. Older Leica glass is experiencing a resurgence because of the MM, I've read that this, and even older glass, (haze and all) have an aesthetic that is quite desirable... If I had the MM, I would not sell this lens.

Last edited:

asiafish

If I hadn't just bought a Summitar from Sherry Krauter I'd be all over this.