The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Carl Zeiss C Sonnar 50 + 28 Biogon chrome ZM lenses

xtianyves

Mint condition silver/chrome ZM C Sonnar 50/1,5 f/1.5 optimized. Almost brand new condition. Few weeks old. Bought from Rangefinderstore.com and comes boxed w all papers, caps, etc.

$1050 shipped and PayPal'd to your mailbox/door.

Exc. condition silver/chrome ZM 28/2,8 Biogon. Lens and caps only. Slight wobble, focus is smooth, aperture clicks solid. Some marks on front element but does not affect photos.

$800 shipped and PayPal'd to your mailbox/door.

*** Buy together for a discounted price of $1650. ***

Preference given to Canadian and CONUS members but willing to sell International. Note shipping is more outside of Canada/US and PayPal fees are extra.

Farnz

It's a shame that you've chosen to make UK users wear the Paypal charges when they're free for CONUS because we get hit with another 20% for VAT as well. I've been keeping my eye out for some time for a 50 Sonnar optimised to f/1.5 but this one'll sadly have to pass. GLWYS.

Pete.

xtianyves

Sorry Pete. PayPal fees are not "free" to Canadian and CONUS users. I am simply choosing to eat them. You should know that shipping via Canada Post is not exactly cheap either esp. w tracking and insurance. The Sonnar alone costs $50 to ship out the door to the U.S.

I do know how you feel though. I pay the 3.9% in PayPal fees myself and pay another 12% to the Canadian government to import lenses here, even if it's just south of the border from the US.

I bought the Sonnar new here in Canada because even at $950 USD, it costs me ~$1125 USD to buy one from the U.S. and have it shipped for $20 via USPS. That's not much less than buying one brand new here.

Chalk it up to our governments and the taxes. Our GST/PST in Canada is painful but VAT @ 20% is crazier.

That's just the way it is unfortunately, sorry. Besides, it would take weeks to arrive in the UK. You're better off buying from someone in the EU.

lamlux

Yeah, Paypal fees aren't free anywhere. Not sure where that is from.

GLWS, the Sonnar and Biogon 28 are superb lenses. One day i'll have again :)

Farnz

To clarify: what I meant was that CONUS and Canadian buyers are free of Paypal fees for this item because the seller is paying them as part of the purchase price. I realise that Paypal fees are charged everywhere.