The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bessa R2S kit for Nikon Historical Society $975 Shipped!!!

nanthor

For sale is my near mint Bessa R2S kit, the collectors edition made for the NHS, Nikon Historical Society, including the camera body, strap, box, instructions, lens hood and cap and the fabulous heliar S 50mm f3.5 lens. Everything operates as new with no issues. Cosmetically there are a few VERY minor areas of use, just on the battery cover and the edges of the flash shoe, nothing else to differentiate this from a new one. The lens is perfect in every way, pristine glass, and smooth operation. These don't come up for sale too often and when they do, they are usually missing something, this kit has it all. And, it's the only way to get in-camera metering with the great Nikkor rangefinder lenses. Speaking of lenses, this lens is reported to be the sharpest ever tested, by some testers. Here are a couple links about the camera kit and one of some photos taken by the camera with the Heliar-S lens.
Voigtlander Bessa R2S Heliar
Voigtländer NHS Bessa R2S a set by Tveljus

It just doesn't get any sharper/better than this in a 35mm camera. Love this lens, the heliars have always been a favorite of mine, they have a very unique 3D like rendering.

Kit comes with box, camera body, lens, lens hood, lens hood cap, instructions, and the original strap.

Price is a reasonable $1000 shipped to the USA only plus 3% ($30) fees. I'll be putting this on the auction site at a little higher price and don't expect it to last too long so priced a little lower to getdpi'ers

Thanks, Bob in Michigan. New lower price of $975 shipped to encourage a faster sale!!!!

Last edited: