The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon Film Camera bodies

woodyspedden

I am selling two mint bodies, the F100 and the F5. Both have had really little usage as I bought the D1X about three months following their purchase.

Price for the F100.............$500

Price for the F5.................$700

Both bodies have really right stuff clamps and Upstrap carrying straps.

charlesphoto

Hi Woody,

hate to break this to you, but don't expect to get more than $300 at the most for an absolute mint F100. And my dealer has a whole case full of F5s, all below $499 (which they'd probably let go for a lot less than that).

Anyway, I have a mint with box F100 I'd been trying to sell for awhile (at $250) and finally just decided to hang onto it.

Good luck and I'm glad you sold the 24-70 because I was tempted!

woodyspedden

Charles

Thanks for warning my potential buyers of the fact that my prices are too high. I am sure that if this is true they would have discovered on their own but.....LOL

Sorry you missed the 24-70. Only reason for me selling this is the fact that post surgery on my thumb I am severely short of strength in my right hand. I might correct it after a year or so of rehab but for now the D3, and the big Nikon zooms are just a bit much for me. Right now all of my shooting is being done with M8, M7, and the Mamiya 7II. I have the Mamiya 7 system up for sale but after running a few rolls of film through it to test its full capabilities this week I may yet take it off the market. This is just a sensational system with lenses that are among the best in MF (especially the 43 and 50)

Keep a lookout. I seem to always be buying or selling something

best

Woody

charlesphoto

Sorry about that! After the fact I thought - stupid stupid advice (should have pm'ed you). Anyway, just wanted to let you know if you actually wanted to move the gear, you would need to come down. Esp as your prices on the zooms, etc were so good. Nobody on here really seems to give a damn about film gear (esp 35) anyway, so I hope no real harm done.

I shoot the Mamiya 7 (and 6) on occasion to. I have the 80 and 50. Great stuff and about the best lenses out there. I too have though about selling but just can't bring myself to do it. I have way too many cameras!