The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Noctilux E60 excellent cond.

robertwright

For sale excellent condition non-coded Noctilux E60 version, caps. No box. I got it used from Photovillage here in NY. Lens focuses accurately on my M8 wide open. Exhibits classic noct. focus shift 2.8-5.6 and regains it's head at f8. I tended to use it at 1.2 mostly, will focus f1.0-2.0 spot on.

Don at DAG can make it do whatever you want. I was thinking of having it adjusted to front focus a little wide open which would tend to minimize focus shift later on but didn't get to sending it in.

You could code this or not, perhaps removing the vignetting is not the best idea on a noct?

Glass is 100%, body is very very clean. I can't find anything to comment on. Those coding marks are sharpie and come off easily. It wasn't registering anyway...

5500$ +shipping.

I can take paypal (no credit or debit cards, paypal takes 5%!) or US postal order. If you are in the NYC/Brooklyn area you can pick it up too.

A great lens once I learned how to use it. Need to "deleverage":p like everyone else.

Start the new year with great bokeh!

robertwright

ok lets get medieval on this-

5000 including 8x nd. filter and shipping conus.

I went through two lenses at Photovillage to get this one, the first absolutely did not focus. So I know this one is good.

M

Mango

Hi Robert, I have had a lot of experience buying and selling Leica M gear in various forums. Here's my suggestion:

You can sell your lens for at least $5,400 at photo.net or at www.rangefinderforum.com as they have people who are obsessed with the Noctilux, which doesn't have too much attraction for M8/8.2 owners, who constitute most of this forum's membership. The film types can't seem to get enough of this lens.

I suggest you remove the listing here, before someone grabs it for $5,000.

If you need help, let me know.

Best wishes,
Mango

robertwright

yes perhaps the time has passed for this here. 243 page views I think is enough to gauge interest.

Look for the lens on rf or photo.net at the original price.

thanks

jamriman

I live on those forums. I doubt you will do any better on them. We want good deals also. One went for $3100 recently. The market is dropping for everything. For top dollar I suggest eBay.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
yes perhaps the time has passed for this here. 243 page views I think is enough to gauge interest.

Look for the lens on rf or photo.net at the original price.

thanks
Hope it sells soon for you --- let us know how you fare on the bigger forums :)

kevin

...people who are obsessed with the Noctilux, which doesn't have too much attraction for M8/8.2 owners, who constitute most of this forum's membership. The film types can't seem to get enough of this lens.
Hmmm, I didn't think of that. I posted my 35mm pre-asph Summilux here first and got no interest; on the RFF, at the same asking price, the lens sold within hours with three more buyers waiting if the first backed out. I assumed it was merely the greater traffic on the RFF, but perhaps the pre-asph 35 'lux is a "film" lens, too?

Good luck with your sale. It certainly wouldn't hurt to post it on the RFF. :)

jamriman

Hmmm, I didn't think of that. I posted my 35mm pre-asph Summilux here first and got no interest; on the RFF, at the same asking price, the lens sold within hours with three more buyers waiting if the first backed out. I assumed it was merely the greater traffic on the RFF, but perhaps the pre-asph 35 'lux is a "film" lens, too?

Good luck with your sale. It certainly wouldn't hurt to post it on the RFF. :)
Maybe because the 35 pre lux is less than half the price of a nocti.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
One other point: With the M8, the 35 pre-Lux has a wide rear element that can -- but not always does -- interfere with the lens achieving infinity focus on the M8 because it hits the sensor box shroud as the lens group retracts to the infinity position. I almost bought yours myself, but had that issue with an earlier one and it drove me nuts which is why I sold it in the first place. So I resisted that temptation with yours :) Anyway, in that regard it may indeed be more of a "film" lens...

jamriman

One other point: With the M8, the 35 pre-Lux has a wide rear element that can -- but not always does -- interfere with the lens achieving infinity focus on the M8 because it hits the sensor box shroud as the lens group retracts to the infinity position. I almost bought yours myself, but had that issue with an earlier one and it drove me nuts which is why I sold it in the first place. So I resisted that temptation with yours :) Anyway, in that regard it may indeed be more of a "film" lens...
Can't go wrong with the 35 pre cron (king of bokeh!, so they say). I missed a boxed perfect IV for $900! Those who hesitate!

robertwright

...throwing in a B+W ND8x and B+W UV-IR slim line (works also with your 21 elmarit..)

4500.00 shipping and paypal included.

I know it is summer and bright light out right now, but fall and winter are just 16 weeks away! ( i know because I am training for the NYC marathon, counting down...) and you are going to wish for F1.0!