The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M3 - Single Stroke User

Just recently serviced by Youxin Ye, this M3 is an excellent user for someone who actually likes to shoot! I bought it recently as a backup while my main M3 was being serviced, but it's back now so I don't need this one anymore.

This one is a single stroke M3 with a serial over 1 million, which puts it in the 1962 production batch. Some rough spots cosmetically, but it's 100% functional and tested with film. Shutter speeds are accurate and the shutter curtains look good. Film winding and rewinding is very smooth.

There are some dust specks in the viewfinder, however, these are not visible when looking through it. The VF in general is very bright, framelines are good, and the RF patch is contrasty and accurate!

The leather has also been replaced with a new set from Aki Asahi, so no worries about it flaking off. (the original vulcanite is a real disaster during Canadian winters!)

Cosmetically, it has its share of brassing, dents, and scratches, none of which came from me. The most significant is a dent near the eyepiece that can be seen in the photos - this does not affect the viewfinder at all.

$650 USD

Payment by Paypal is preferred, but I'll also except E-transfers from my fellow Canadians. I'll cover the fee!

1-day shipping to anywhere in Canada is $15. Shipping to the US is $25. Anywhere else, please ask for a quote.

I've bought and sold on GetDPI before, and have positive feedback. I also have positive feedback on RFF under "lonemantis", and 100% on ebay under "Supafly_Productions".

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions - I want you to know exactly what you're getting!