The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tele-Elmarit M 90mm f/2.8 (thin, Canada)

asiafish

Lens is in outstanding cosmetic and mechanical condition, but may have some extremely feint etching on the rear group which cannot be fixed. It had the etching when I bought it, just got it back from Sherry Krauter and I cannot see any trace, but she indicates "elements cleaned as well as possible", suggesting that there may still be some etching present. I did the flashlight test.

Other than the possible etching (really, I can't see anything) this lens looks essentially new. Includes clip-on Leica front cap, original collapsable rubber hood in perfect condition. Does not come with rear cap, but is in a box from an older (fat) Tele-Elmarit with the saucer-type cap forming the bottom of the box.

This lens is nice and sharp and even before the CLA I saw no effect of the etching in pictures. I am only selling because I got the Summarit-M 90mm f/2.5 which has a common look with my 75mm and 35mm Summarits.

Looking for $800 shipped CONUS or will consider trade for Summarit-m 50mm f/2.5 or Carl Zeiss C Sonnar 50mm f/1.5 ZM.

Will post pictures soon.