The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

For Sale: Mamiya 500mm f/4.5

pesto

I am offering for sale my Mamiya 500mm f/4.5 APO lens. It is an extraordinary lens that is as sharp and well corrected as any that have followed and creates absolutely incredible images. I have used it with both film and digital cameras including my Leica S2, via an adapter, and PhaseOne P40+ and it has provided consistently excellent results in any format. This is a rare and wonderful item. This lens has been well cared for but it did sustain a "bump" a while back; optically, it is unblemished and has lost nothing but the built in hood is a slightly out of round and is stuck in mid extension. It has since been professionally gone over and "tuned up" by Nippon Photo Clinic in New York and is perfect optically. My reason for selling is that my photographic interests have taken a different direction and I no longer am using this lens. I can provide pictures upon request. I need to net $4500 including shipping.

pesto

Perhaps some pictures would help.
Here are three images shot with this lens.
Thanks for looking

Douglas Benson

pesto

...and here are some pictures of the lens itself. The retractable hood is stuck in mid position but, as shown, the acessory hood will fit over it in the reversed position if needed.
Once again, thanks for looking. I will answer any questions you might have.

Douglas Benson.

pesto

Perhaps this picture will clarify the questions about this lens having a functional aperture ring. As can be seen, it opens from f/4.5 to f/32. The adjustment turns smoothly and the aperture blades are, so far as I can tell, without blemish.

Douglas Benson