The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M3 with lucky 888 serial number, 50/2 Summicron Rigid V2, 50/2.8 Elmar M

Rangie

Hello everyone,

It's time to sell some of my Leica stuffs to raise fund for another lens purchase which is being offered by a fellow GetDPI member.

Items for sale are:

1. Leica M3 double stroke with "776 888" lucky serial number
I purchased it with plan to start collecting all mechanical M with 888 serial numbers but I found myself not really a collector type of person. Just don't have the patience and readily available resources I suppose. Anyway this camera is in nice user condition with some meter marks on the top plate, some light bright marks here and there (mainly on the bottom plate) and only one very shallow indent at the rear where you thumb would rest on when holding the camera (someone before me must have a dead grip). Mechanically it is in perfect working condition. CLA by Youxin Ye approx. a year ago, he also fully overhauled the rangefinder mechanism. As shown in the photos, the rangefinder patch is bright, clean and very contrasty. The double stroke film advance feels solid and tight with no wobbly action. Apparently this is an early double stroke example with desirable "collector" features including original glass pressure plate, no framelines preview lever, dog ears straps (virtually as new, no marks at all), original double stroke mechanism, old style shutter speed dial, additional tiny screws in the back and front etc. In combination with the hard to find "888" lucky serial number I think this is quite a special M3. Asking US$888 ;)

photos of the item are here: The GetDPI Photography Forums - Rangie's Album: M3 double stroke 888

2. Summicron 50/2 Rigid Version 2
Purchased from a reputable Canadian dealer about 2 years ago for US$950 in original condition. I have it sent to Youxin Ye to check it over during the 10 days return period and it passed Youxin's assessment and he recommended me to keep it. I was told it is also within a later batch which is more favorable. The lens head and base have matching serial numbers so it is matched pair from the factory and not being tampered with. A CLA was carried out by Youxin too. The lens has not been used too much since I got it which is really a shame on me. I have used a yellow filter on it since the CLA and never cleaned or touch the front element. Overall the lens is in quite clean cosmetic condition with a few very light bright marks only on the barrel. When checked under a bright halogen desk lamp, the front and rear elements are in top condition with no cleaning marks visible to my naked eyes, there are only minimal dusk inside too. Comes with a rear cap and a Leica E39 pinch cap. Asking price US$850

photos of the item are here: The GetDPI Photography Forums - Rangie's Album: Summicron 50/2 rigid v2

3. Elmar M 50/2.8 (late model discontinued in 2007)
I have both the silver and black version for sale. Both are in excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition. The Elmar M is really quite special, it is so compact and simple it is truth to Leica M original philosophy. The lens works great and draws beautifully on both film and digital, its characteristics are in between vintage and modern ASPH glass. There is a few thread here about how underrated this lens is. I like it so much I have to have both color! Only sell it because now I use a two lens kit with 35mm and 75mm more, that's why I am selling all my 50mm. Btw, silver is much more heavier and feel more substantial, it is even heavier than the superbly built Summaron 35/2.8. However, the black is more stealthy with easier to read markings, when collapsed, the black version almost disappears on a black body. The Elmar M also has probably the shortest focus throw of all Leica M glasses, from 0.7m to infinity only takes less than 90 degree turn, it is so quick and easy to use. Both comes with rear cap, screw-on lens hood, original push-on lens cap. Only the silver one has original leather pouch though. Asking price US$550 for black and US$650 for silver.

photos of the items are here: The GetDPI Photography Forums - Rangie's Album: Elmar M 50/2.8 silver and black

Although my ranking is a new member here but I have successfully buy and sell here many times before. I have buy and sell M9s, M9P, M6 Millennium, M8.2, Ricoh GXR and Sony RX1 (yes I have acute GAS problem) here to more established members both local and overseas and have a few positive feedback. I am also an ebay member for almost 10 years with 200+ positive feedbacks. I can give you the names of fellow members who deal with me before.

Price is in US$ and I can ship worldwide at cost. Paypal, bank transfer or local cash pickup are all fine. If paid by paypal we can split the paypal fees.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Rangie

Thanks everyone for the PMs, I have been swamped by the response when I woke up this morning. Unfortunately, I have to give preference to buyer who are willing to buy multiple items and all three 50mm has been sold now to a fellow member here.

The M3 "888" is still available.