Nikon S2 + Nikkor-S.C. 50mm f1.4 Black Ring
I have here my Nikon S2.
It's in user shape, but like all Nikon's seem pretty resilient in operation.
Nikon S2 with Nikkor-S.C. 5cm f1.4 (black ring)
Body Serial: 6167267
- The body covering is actually fairly good, no peeling anywhere.
- Viewfinder is pretty clear, with a very bright contrasty rangefinder patch. (My goodness, the S2 is the perfect 50mm camera I think)
- E.P. marking on the rewind dial.
- Noticeable dings on the bottom corners and middle of bottom plate.
- For all I know it could've went through Nam.
- Strap lugs are little loose
- Shutter speeds 1/1000 to 1/30th operate beautifully. Shutter speeds 1, 1/2, work okay once you lift finger off shutter, shutter speeds 1/4, 1/8, 1/15, they just keep shutter open til your release and the shutter closes (acts like B)
- Shutter curtains look great, no holes or damage
- Hotshoe has some corrrosion on the hotshoe itself, unsure if the wire underneath is the cause. Unsure if Hotshoe even works.
- Bottom left side of body has a bit chipped off, where the back door slides in (see photo)
- Cleaning marks and some light scratches on the front element
- Aperture blades show some oil though none of it on the internal elements
- Rear element is clean
- Black shell looks good too
- Filter ring works great, i've been using
- Aperture ring detents are there.
I think with some minor TLC it'll be a wonderful S2 again.
As ever, More photos can be seen here:
Index of /randomimages/fs/nikons2
Price is what I have into it, $370 shipped and PayPal included in CONUS.
Last edited by lamlux; 17th October 2013 at 18:46.
Tags for this Thread