The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB Rodenstock 40 HR or 32 HR

I got one, but not for sale ;) I would highly recommend going for the 32 instead of the 40. Seems like since you are looking for one or the other you have the funds for the 32. I would much recommend the HR 50 over the HR 40. Good luck with your search and hope you find yourself a 32HR its an amazing lens!

PS: you should be clear on the mount (Alpa, Arca, Cambo) you are searching for.

Thank you for your answer, my thinking was that I have the HR 35 and the HR23, the 32 is very close and 32 and 40 have 90 mm image circle and the 40 is cheaper so I took it in my search. Why would you prefer the 50 over the 40? Regarding the mount I think I have to change it anyway, because I need an Alpa SB 17 mount which is very rare to find.

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Alpa 32HR is the one I see the most often. Changing mounts is extremely costly, so it would have to be a really good deal if you considered changing mounts. I would prefer the 50 because it comes in SB34 :) So you can use dual tilts ;) My 50 and 90 are my most used lenses. The 32 mostly sits in the case, unless I have an architecture job. Maybe for the right price I would sell mine. pm me.