The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Linhof TECHNO Complete Kit

greygrad

Work is taking me in a different direction for at least the foreseeable future, and rather than store my Techno indefinitely I thought I'd see if anyone is interested in the kit. I've only ever seen maybe three or four up for sale on the used market, so if you're thinking about one this is a great chance to pick up a superb example and save a significant amount of money.

The kit comprises the following:

Linhof Techno (latest version) with normal bellows (New Price: £4150 / $6647)
Linhof Wide Angle bellows (New Price: £225 / $360)
Linhof Sliding Back (latest, compact version) (New Price: £1395 / $2234)
Linhof Acute Ground Glass with 37 x 49 cover glass (same performance as latest 'brightscreen' one, but with built-in grooves for Hasselblad-type finders. For DBs up to ~37 x 49) (New Price: £595 / $953)
Linhof Standard Ground Glass - scored for a 37 x 49 DB (New Price: £75 / $120)
Linhof Fresnel (New Price: £99 / $159)
Linhof Universal Adapter (allows DB to be attached without using Sliding Back) (New Price: £350 / $560)
Linhof Ground Glass Adapter (New Price: £425 / $681)
Linhof Adapter for Hasselbald-type finders (New Price: £175 / $280)
Linhof/Phase One Adapter Plate for Mamiya/Phase DB (New Price: £375 / $600)
Linhof/Phase One Adapter Plate for Hasselblad-V DB (New Price: £375 / $600)
Linhof Flexible Bellows Magnifier (latest type) (New Price: £325 / $520)
Linhof Lensboards (made by Linhof) - 4 Flat, 2 Recessed (New Price: 4 x £79, 2 x £220 / $1210)
Linhof Infinity Stops 3 pairs (3 x £46 / $221)
Maxwell Precision Optics Screen (Hi-Lux) for Acute Matte Holder (New Price: £156 / $250)
Non-Linhof Lensboards - 'Top Hat' with adapters, ideally suited for macro work or using lenses from 250mm - 350mm (New Price: £40 / $65)
Hartblei Finder with built-in fresnel (New Price: £81 / $130)
RRS plate for the Techno (New Price: £34 / $55)

There are a few photos below of the actual items. More are available on dropbox. Everything has been owned from new, and most of the kit is boxed or in original bags. It's all in superb condition - the Techno itself is easily Mint-. If you've ever used a Linhof, you'll know they are up there with the best. It's a beautifully engineered camera, and a real pleasure to use.

Total of New Prices shown (from Linhof and Studio for the Linhof items) = £9769 / $15645. Through B&H ~ $20k (B&H list the Techno alone at $8600 before any applicable taxes). For the whole kit I'm asking £6250 / $9995 (firm). This represents a 36% saving on new UK dealer pricing and over 50% on new US dealer pricing. I'd prefer bank transfer, but if it has to be PayPal, I'll cover the fees. You cover shipping from Toronto (buyer is responsible for any import duties etc.). Might be able to ship from the UK also (if that helps). Pick up in person is fine.

Please PM me if interested or if you have any further questions. The kit is available for inspection if you're in Toronto.

Have sold on GetDPI, LuLa and FM previously, with never a problem. Flawless eBay history as well.

Thanks for looking.

P.S. You can see Joe Cornish using a Techno in this video!

Last edited:

tjv

If I could afford it, I'd make you an offer on the Accute Matte screen.
I love, love, love my Techno and know whoever buys this will love it too.

Werner Schnelle

Is the Techno still available? If so I am very interested. I would use it with a Phase One
P20 DB which needs Adapter Plates of 37x37 to suit so I would not need all of you Kit.

greygrad

Werner - have sent you a PM.

For anybody else looking, the Acute Screen and Standard Groundglass are marked for 37mm x 37mm as well:

greygrad

Bump, plus a few things to add:

1. I have someone really interested in the whole kit, but would have to ship from the UK. Since I won't be there before December, if anyone in the US/Can is interested, you've got a few weeks to think about it. Would prefer to ship within US/Can.

2. I've had a lot of interest in splitting the kit up - however, I'd rather not do that yet.

3. Had a question about the size of the Techno. It's amazingly compact - here's a photo to give you an idea (N.B. lens and my trusty old 5D aren't included in the sale!) Without a lens, the 5D weighs 1kg; the Techno 1.8kg:

greygrad

Bump.

Quick note about pricing.

The prices given above for the gear new are EXCLUDING sales tax. So, if you are in the EU, you should add ~19% to these, in Canada ~13%.

If you are not in a position to reclaim sales tax, then my price of £6250 / $9995 represents a 43% - 46% saving on the new price from Linhof and Studio (depending on whether you are in the UK/EU or Canada).