The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: *Found* Any version of Photoshop CS for MAC OSX

slosync

I am currently running Photoshop CS 5 on Windows an want to begin using my MacBook Pro.... any CS version. I don't know if I can use an upgrade version and use my Windows Adobe CS serial number versions.... I would think so. I have Adobe CS2 Full, CS3 and CS5 upgrades. Any experience here would help....

Thanks,
Don

Last edited:

mewanchuk

Re: WTB: Any version of Photoshop CS for MAC OSX

I have CS4 and 5 available (no longer using...) so shoot me an offer.

Before you do, however, I would contact Adobe Customer Service and see if they can deactivate your Windows serial #, and sell you a crossgrade Mac one instead. (Unless you want to keep your windows version as well...)

From me, you would be getting the original plastic box and CD with Serial...no funny stuff here.

-M.

etrigan63

Why don't you sign up for the Photographer's CC Bundle? Photoshop CC + Lightroom + Behance for $9.99/mo?

weinschela

Subscriber Member

The Photoshop CC idea may not work from CS5; you may have to upgrade to CS6 first. When I switched from Windows to Mac some years ago I called Adobe and they sent me a DVD with the Mac version for about $10, deactivated my Windows license and gace me a Mac license number. I don't know what the current policy is, but it is worth asking.

etrigan63

No, if you surf to Membership plans: Pricing and subscriptions | Adobe Creative Cloud, you will see the following:

Creative Cloud - Photoshop Photography Program - $9.99/mo.
Special single app pricing on Photoshop CC for Photoshop CS3 and later customers. Limited-time offer ends December 31, 2013.

Get the latest version Photoshop CC, plus Lightroom®, and Bridge CC
20GB of cloud storage and a Behance® ProSite
Requires Photoshop CS3–CS6 serial number
Requires annual commitment; billed monthly

slosync

Looks like I was able to make a deal with another Getdpi member for CS5. Thanks for all the responses and suggestions.

I did go through the Adobe Transfer of License process, got a case # and uploaded the form. Currently waiting for Adobe response/approval. I did try to have Adobe transfer my windows CS5 license but because it is not a "current" product they wouldn't do it. At this point I only used Photoshop "when needed" and rely primarily on Lightroom and Aperture.

Thanks all,
Don