The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

'Stealth' Leica M9 and 35 Summilux FLE

Outstanding 'stealth' M9 with 35mm Summilux FLE, $8450

I no longer need two of these and am keeping the brassy one. I've used this one for backup, and it shows few signs of use: no brassing, scratches, or dents; only 7100 actuations (approx. 2000 since CLA).

The body was serviced by Leica on 1/14/13 (with 1-year service warranty). The white lettering has been removed, the red dot has been replaced with black, and the covering is M9-P style vulcanite (for better gripping). It comes with soft release, CSEP-1 Thumbs Up (permits mounting external finders), Schott glass screen protector, and the usual accompanying items: battery, charger, strap, manual, boxes.

The lens is also in outstanding condition. It came with the (fairly common) loose aperture ring and rattle, so it too was serviced by Leica, including tightening and recalibration. It's perfect now. I've used it, too, for backup (generally using 35 Cron v4). It comes with caps, hood, case, box. It shows no wear.

Buyer pays Paypal, I pay CONUS shipping and insurance. Prefer to sell camera and lens together. Not interested in overseas shipment.

I'd be pleased to answer serious inquiries and/or provide more photos. It's easiest to contact me at thompsonkirk (at) hotmail (dot) com. Or if you happen to be attending LHSA, we can meet in SF.

(I can also supply Leica repair order and inspection/warranty, indicating that camera was serviced for a sticky switch and CLA – not for physical damage.)

Last edited:
I probably should not have placed a priority on selling both items together, because this requires a buyer to be in need of both. Happy to accept offers on either item separately.