The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A thank you note

V

Vivek

In light of the free service coming to an end, I (though I have sold only <5 items at most and bought ~15 items) would like to propose a note of thank you to getdpi.

Frequent sellers, here is your avenue to express a simple note of thank you and it is free. :)

D&A

I couldn't agree more! Not only for providing the free Buy and Sell forum, but for the many invaluable suggestions and guidance everyone provided for many of the items that were made available for sale. I also know that items I had for sale went to good homes and people who enjoyed obtaining them as much as I originally had.

Of course the flip side were the temptations and countless items I couldn't resist purchasing and therefore had to relegate my intake of food to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and/or mac and cheese for the next decade or two. Anyway, one cannot put a price on the joy of sharing of common interests and Getdpi always provides a wonderful daily dose of that, not only in the Buy and Sell forum but of course elsewhere on the site.

Hoping the new Buy and Sell continues in this tradition. Thanks GETdpi!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

kzphoto

This forum is a jewel for knowledge, gear sales and general membership. I will continue to support this form through the new B/S and through personal knowledge. Thank you so much for the free service and for the membership.

~k

VINCET

Same here, many thanks to the great crew at getdpi. Not only did I ended up selling a lot, I think I bought as much. But more importantly, I ended up finding new friends that share the same passion as I do.

johnnygoesdigital

With all due respect, the free service was one of GetDpi's best features...Now being charged a fee for every B/S item is imo, not an upgrade. So much for free shipping and PayPal I guess... As far as the site in general...Thanks for all the great info and insights.

jlm

Workshop Member
i have found the B/S to be the slippery slope, the entrance to the Inferno, the gateway drug...;)

f6cvalkyrie

"Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here." (Dante)

From another forum here, but still, very applicable :))))

CU,
Rafael

Double Negative

Not Available
I know I've certainly bought and sold a bunch here. I will miss the old B&S. Maybe I'm in the minority, I don't know... But I thought it was clear and easy to digest, without all the "fluff" seen on so many others (including the new one; sorry).

In any event, I'm very thankful for the great forum that ALL the owners/mods have fostered here, as well as the members. A great crowd, level-headed and fair. And that's what will keep me here regardless of what direction B&S might take.

Guy, my sincerest wishes on a speedy, healthy outcome for your wife!

lamlux

Thank you all for what you've done and what will be done in the future :) i've had many sales and purchases on here, and hope many more in the future.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I know I've certainly bought and sold a bunch here. I will miss the old B&S. Maybe I'm in the minority, I don't know... But I thought it was clear and easy to digest, without all the "fluff" seen on so many others (including the new one; sorry).

In any event, I'm very thankful for the great forum that ALL the owners/mods have fostered here, as well as the members. A great crowd, level-headed and fair. And that's what will keep me here regardless of what direction B&S might take.

Guy, my sincerest wishes on a speedy, healthy outcome for your wife!
Thanks appreciate that.

I'm not sure how to respond to this thread in a way. It cost me a **** load of money over the years. Not sure whether to curse the damn thing or celebrate it. ROTFLMAO

I'm joking of course and its nice to see folks comments. In the end we will all adjust and the fees whatever they turn out to be will be worth it. One good thing I hope will happen is we will see the end of the spam sellers with over inflated pricing of gear. I know everyone would like to see a end of that.

Believe it or not sometimes free can be bad and honestly when Jack and I started the buy and sell the thought was for our good members to exchange gear. For better or worse that has changed to look like a more commercial venture to some buyers and sellers. That was really not the intent when launched.

BTW if no one noticed this is GetDPI's 6 year anniversary this month. Look at my join up date to the left. Pretty cool

Thanks Guy and Jack- This is by far my favorite photo forum in general. The old B&S was wonderful, and lot's of great gear came and went to me as a result. I haven't really checked out the new one, but it certainly seems fair for GPI to collect some funds this way. best.....Peter

Double Negative

Not Available
Happy anniversary, GetDPI!

As with many free things, sometimes they get discovered - and occasionally exploited. It's definitely gotten increasing traffic over the last years. I'm sure the rest of us gear sluts can suck up and pay the fee if it means supporting GetDPI. I think you're right; it'll probably kill the leeches. And that's a win for everyone.

Godfrey

I've bought and sold a few things here. It's always been a pleasant experience.
Thanks to Jack and Guy for keeping the site up and running nicely.

I look forward to seeing how the new setup works. I hope it is a grand success.

Godfrey