The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LTM - Steinheil 85mm f/2.8 Culminar - RARE!

jimithing616

Who I am: I am newer here, but I have been a member or APUG, RFF, FREDMIRANDA, etc... I have Bought quite a few things on RFF, Also I am the designer of the new RFF soft release commemorating their 10th anniversary. I just sold my leica APO 70-180 2.8 Elmarit-R on GetDpi with a smooth sale, buyer is very very happy! - I have the same username "Jimithing616" on all the sites, and its a name I dont want to tarnish, I would rather lose money than my reputation honestly. I also have 100+ Feedback in just the last year on ebay as a seller. I have only been shooting for about 2 years.

Steinheil 85mm f/2.8 LTM Culminar Leica Screw Mount Lens!

This is a great lens for the 85mm Focal Length. When I first got into RF camera's I looked long and hard for a good 85 for portraits. I went through the Nikkor 85/2 the canon 85/1.9 and 85/2, the leica 90/2, Minolta Chiyoko 85 2.8 and so on and so fourth. I sold all the others and kept this one and the Leica. It doesn't produce images like the leica 90 or any other leica lens. It has a sharpness and a character all its own that is beautiful for portraits. It works a treat for street work of people. Great contrast. Very Very good bokeh. I have used this lens A LOT.

Cosmetics: This lens is a shooter. The Barrel shows moderate signs of use, nothing major, no dents, just some wear and tear. I would rate its cosmetics at VG+ to EX- somewhere in there, See photo's and judge for yourself!

Mechanical: The glass is VG+ The front element has some tiny tiny little marks on it, they aren't scratches, and they don't penetrate the coating, its almost like they are part of the coating. Definitely doesn't effect the image quality though. Internally there is some dust, maybe some light haze. Nothing that effects Image Quality.

Included: Steinheil 85/2.8 Lens. Possibly generic caps if I can find some. I also may have its original marked leather lens case, Although I cannot find it at this time (haven't looked everywhere yet) If I find it, you get it, even if its a year from now!

Price:
$200 obo

I am located in Minneapolis, MN. I prefer to ship CONUS, but I will consider international for proven members with good background on this site or others.