The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 80mm 1.4 Summilux R mount lens, near mint!

Photojazz

The buy and sell forum here may close, but this lens remains for sale until sold. FYI.

I had intended to mod this lens for mount to Nikon. I have since decided I will move on from that idea. I will either sell this lens now, preferably to Leica M240 owner, or I will retain lens for future use on Leica M240 myself. There is no urgency attached to sale.

Leica 80mm 1.4 Summilux R/ Leitz Wetzlar Serial # 3202935 Made in Germany E67 Original lens cap, generic end cap. No box. Lens is 9+ condition. I see one slightest little place on the edge of pull out hood. That's it. Front element looks perfect. Rear looks same. If I had to guess, I would say this lens was bought new by hobbiest that didn't use it much.

This is 6 screws on mount, factory R mount has not been disturbed by amateurs. You cannot always say that on R lenses now. This one was bought as an R from a dealer before the R conversion craze went nuts. Prefer to sell to Leica M240 owner. Price $2850 + shipping and fees. OBO. Photos are available from where I purchased it. Lens has not changed, it has only sat on shelf while I have owned it, as I have nothing for it to mount on.

This is as nice an R mount 80 1.4 Lux as you will find. Aperture clicks firmly as changes, blades appear very clean and oil free, not soft or easy to knock off setting. Focus is buttery smooth but firm.

Photos available on request Price is 2850 + fees and shipping

Visit here to see several photos of it, you can see it's an extremely nice lens. These are not meant to be exhaustive. Just to show how nice it is.

http://photojazz.zenfolio.com/p603546044

Here's the first image:

Last edited: