The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Leica 75mm f1.4 Summilux

cdnguyen

I'm selling my Leica 75mm f1.4 Summilux lens for M cameras. The lens is in mint- condition with no marks or scratches on the barrel. Glass is perfect. This is the model with built-in hood. The lens works perfectly on my M8. The lens comes with front rear caps and original box. I'm asking $2650 for the lens plus paypal surcharge and shipping costs. I can take paypal (3-3.5% surcharge), bank check or money order. I will fully insure the lens and will not declare as gift or low value item. Thanks for looking.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: FS: Leica 75mm f1.4 Summilux

The only lens I believe made outside of Germany is the Nocti. Made in Canada for the Nocti but the 75 lux is German made. I am pretty sure about this

cam

The only lens I believe made outside of Germany is the Nocti. Made in Canada for the Nocti but the 75 lux is German made. I am pretty sure about this
nope. most of the 75 Luxes are Canadian except for the latest ones (there's another posting here for one of those -- at a much better price!). i'm not being a snot here -- just superstitious. i tried a German one and it worked beautifully on my R-D1, which is more finicky than the M8.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

No I thought only the Nocti thanks for correcting that. Some want a German made one and others don't care totally understand either way.

cam

Any interest in the lens ?
perhaps -- but you do not seem to want to answer my question (here or in another forum where you also posted it).... was this lens made in Germany or Canada?

thank you in advance.

Hacker

Good lens and a very good price to match!

BTW, my own 75 Lux is German.

cam

:clap:

waiting with bated breath!

(i may pass out by the time the check gets to you, clears, etc., but i have left instructions to bonk me on the head when it finally arrives.... a true waking the dead lens :p )

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Congratulations Cam! I'm sure you'll make it sing a lovely song.:thumbup:

helenhill

How Divine ....Cam
Absolutely COOOOL

Such a Lush Lens
but YOU better not have that with you
for Physical Therapy ...The Doctor Will Scream when they see the weight & Size

You are the BOKEH Queen between the 50 pre Lux, the 50 C Sonnar & now the 75 Lux :thumbs:

Terry

No I thought only the Nocti thanks for correcting that. Some want a German made one and others don't care totally understand either way.
Actually, my version IV 35 cron is from Canada as well.

woodyspedden

nope. most of the 75 Luxes are Canadian except for the latest ones (there's another posting here for one of those -- at a much better price!). i'm not being a snot here -- just superstitious. i tried a German one and it worked beautifully on my R-D1, which is more finicky than the M8.
Mr Nguyen may be having the same problem as I...........nowhere on my 75 Lux is there an identifier as to whether it was made in Germany or Canada. ditto for my 35 Cron IV pre-asph! Both these lenses, to my understanding, were made in both places. I am on vacation and my Leica handbook is at home so i can't go further at this point. I would guess that you can determine the country from the Serial number but I am not 100% sure. I have a friend in Leica N.J. who may be able to help. I'll let you know.

Woody

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

The "where it's made" note is usually printed in very fine print stamped/embossed into the barrel of the lens, usually the underside near the lens mount.

cam

he did say it was made in Germany, but thank you for the info in the future.

Terry -- in no way, shape, or form did i ever mean to disparage the glass made in Canada. my Canadian Luxes (35 and 50 pre) are perhaps my favourite! it is only this particular lens that i felt superstitious about, possibly because i still dreamt about the one i tried and didn't spring for.

and thank you to the well-wishers. i'm quite excited and know exactly what i'm getting into :grin: my camera has started to grow on my therapist. he's dying to strip the "leather" off and reattach it -- i caught him with tweezers and super glue, salivating! i will simply explain that the new glass is my weight for the static exercises he's given me to do. much easier to grip than a barbell :p

j. white

Actually, your therapist will likely commend the choice of a German made 75mm Summilux - the only change made to the lens during the transition was to make the mount 60 grams lighter than the previous versions.

Enjoy it. I was recently able to pick one up and it's one of those lenses that really lives up to its high reputation!

-J.