The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M9, 24mm, 35mm, 50mm, 90mm lenses, plus more...

mjm6

Folks,

Well, I finally put together what I have in my Leica digital M system to sell. I have researched prices, and feel these are in-line with the market, but will consider offers. Please no low-ball offers, I don’t have to cover the mortgage this month or anything.

Here's the deal with me and Leica. I really love the quality that the camera and lenses (especially, non-ASPH) produce, but the camera just doesn't meet my shooting style. I probably should have sold it a long time ago, as it takes second fiddle to my Sony a900 and now a7R all the time, and has barely had any use in the past 1.5 years. I’m more of a tripod shooter rather than a handheld quick shot kind of person. I come from a background of large format shooting.

The camera has about 4500 actuations. In early 2011, it developed a problem with the 6-bit reader so I sent it back to them. They repaired that and replaced the CCD in it as well, because it was in the same serial number range as many that had the cracking problem. Since then, no problems to report.

I have everything for it except the body cap, which they never returned after the repair!

Obviously, the LR code has been used.

I have a second Leica battery that I will include.

It has some minor brassing on the one corner, and there is some surface wear in the paint that doesn't really show up in the photos. It's not mint, or near-mint. I'd call it EX+ condition. Overall, a great user camera and if it meets your shooting style, it will be lovely to use.

I'd like to get $3200 and I'll include shipping in the US (with insurance).

24mm f2.8 Elmarit ASPH
This is in near-mint Includes the front and rear caps, hood, and the optional viewfinder with the VF case. Optically, in great shape.
6-bit coded by Leica.

I’d like to get $2250 for the lens and viewfinder. I don’t want to separate.

35mm f1.4 Summilux pre-ASPH Version 2

This one is German made! I cherry picked this from about 3 lenses I bought, and sold the others. In truth, they were all great, but this one had the least ‘odd’ bokeh. I love the Mandler designs; they are much smoother in the OOF areas than the current ASPH versions, which I find to be quite ‘nervous’ in comparison. These lenses are prone to flare, and will get dreamy at full aperture. When stopped down a stop or so, it renders similarly to the similarly aged 35mm Summicron (King of Bokeh), which I had as well, but preferred this one.

This one is in great shape optically, but has wear on the barrel. I don’t have a front cap, but will include a rear cap.

I had this one 6-bit coded (not by Leica, they won’t do this lens). It reads as a 35mm ASPH if I recall correctly.

Because of the German origin and the 6-bit coding, it is priced nearer to the high end of what I saw online:

I’d like to get $2500 for the lens including shipping and insurance in the US.

50mm f1.4 Summilux V3 (E46)

This is the best of the non-ASPH 50’s and in my opinion that makes it the best of the 50’s Leica ever produced. Others will disagree, I’m sure.

A few things about this version that make it great… It focuses closer than the others, (down to about 2 feet). It also has the built-in hood which makes it reasonably small in the field. Far and away, my most used lens on the M9. This and the 35mm are the two I will miss the most.

Optically great, some minor wear on the barrel.

This was 6-bit coded by Leica.

I’d like to get $2300 for the lens including shipping and insurance in the US.

90mm Macro Elmar and Close Focus adapter

This lens and adapter are mint in condition optically, and near-mint in overall condition. It didn’t get much use, but when it did, it was lovely. It makes a great all-around 90mm lens. Very small because it is collapsible.

Includes the boxes, hood, caps, and leather pouches as delivered from the factory.

These are 6-bit coded (both the lens and the close focus adapter).

I’d like to get $2500 for the lens including shipping and insurance in the US.

90mm f2.0 Summicron

This is NOT the APO version. It has wear on the barrel, but overall is in decent shape. There is what appears to be some oil on the inside of the rear element. It should be cleaned but does take nice images. High contrast or back-lit condition will probably flare a bit because of the oil.

I’d like to get $450 for the lens including shipping and insurance in the US.

135m f2.8 Elmarit

This is the last version of this lens. I bought it on a whim a while back, and never really used it much. Overall, in decent shape.

I don’t have a rear cap or the proper front cap for it, but I’ll include the Tamron cap shown in the photo.

I’d like to get $325 for the lens including shipping and insurance in the US.

18mm f4.0 Zeiss Distagon with Viewfinder

Near mint lens optically and barrel. The VF has wear on it from being in my bag. Overall, a nice lens which I rarely used, but it was a lot easier to rationalize the cost of this compared to the Leica offerings.

I’d like to get $950 for the lens and VF including shipping and insurance in the US.

Please PM or email me for more info or to purchase.

---Michael

Last edited:

mjm6

rest of the photos.

I will make a donation to GETDPI with the sale of the gear as well... I guess the other FS system is no longer working? Back to the old honor system?

---Michael

mjm6

I've had interest in a few items, but everything is still available...

I'm going to post these at FM tonight probably, as this B&S forum doesn't appear to get much viewership anymore.

I'll leave them up here though, and update if anything sells. I'd rather sell them though here, as I prefer the people on this forum over any of the others these days.

---Michael