The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Summicron M 50mm APO Asph

Prestonk

Latest version released July 2014
This is the world best lens Leica ever made. This is not the old version that has lens flare problem, this lens has new design than the pervious version.

It's very rare, hard to find and no longer in production. Please do your research on this lens, remember it's the 2014 version you want to look for.

They made only few of these.. I believe less than 50 because it's so hard to make. I am so lucky to get a hold of this lens as I was in the waiting list for almost a year to get it.. I am selling because I need money to support my Kids or I would have kept it, plus I am not a photographer. Just one of those guy buy and sell to support the family.

About the lens
Brand new - unopened box
Leica APO Summicron M 50mm ASPH.

Asking price $8,300

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Admin note: Caveat Emptor to any possible purchasers, but letting this one slide as it does not openly appear to violate any rules. While I am no expert on Leica glass, it is my understanding this lens is in current production and available brand new from multiple sources.

Prestonk

It is not available at any resource, even their website say its in stock when you called they said its hard to get. I have called almost all the leica dealer and none carry it. If you know dealer has it please let me know. I would be surprise too if they have it in stock.

weinschela

Subscriber Member
Well, it is indeed a hard lens to get but it is not quite correct to say that it is not in production. Production of the lens was stopped temporarily while Leica sorted out the flare issue. It went back into production earlier this year, however, and I received my copy last Wednesday. Others have reported recent deliveries too. Mine had been ordered in September 2013. I suspect (but don't know for sure) that more than 50 were made because I do not think they would tool up for a run that small, and they continue to offer it (now at an increased price). I am sorry you need to sell, and the availability may be attractive to some, but I would think it a good idea to post some pictures of what you are selling, especially since you are relatively new to the forum.