The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Must SEE, NIB Hasselblad H5D-40, 100mm, 120mm Macro II Cheap

joshreeder

Hey guys, so here is the deal...

I had an old Hasselblad 501 and lenses stolen a few weeks back and to my surprise my AMAZING home owners insurance company (PM for name) decided to replace it with "New, like kind" and so they ordered a few items from B&H for me. I do not want or need them and so I want to sell them while they are still brand new, although it is very tempting to want to pull them out and give it a go...

These items are all NIB, unopened, unused, not only in original boxes but still in B&H shipping boxes.

If you are looking for the best deal in the world on New Hasselblad gear, this is it. I have pics of the boxes and I can open them if a purchaser wants to video chat with me for verification via skype or Apple Facetime and also I am a one of the largest wedding photographers in Nashville, TN. I have the B&H packing slips showing dates and this stuff showed up in just the last few days. Everything will be shipped in individual boxes and fully insured. They have the unfilled out warranty cards of course.

I want who ever buys this stuff to have complete confidence so feel free to ask any questions.

I am very amicable and reasonable on pricing, go do your research and do not be afraid to make an offer for individual items or the lot; you won't offend me. my ebay handle is joshreeder for anyone wanting to do their homework on me as well as my site is joshreeder.com my google number which rings to my cell phone is (615) 266-4246.

Let me know if you have any interest!!! If you are within a few hours I am also happy to drive a few hundred miles and meet half way for the hand off if interested.

Items:

Hasselblad H5D-40 Medium Format DSLR Camera
Bought for: $12,995
Selling price???
Hasselblad H5D-40 Medium Format DSLR Camera 3013658 B&H Photo

Hasselblad HC f/2.2 100mm Auto Focus Lens
Bought for: $4,260
Selling for:???
Hasselblad Normal 100mm f/2.2 HC Auto Focus Lens 30 23100 B&H

Hasselblad HC Macro f/4 120mm II Auto Focus Lens
Bought for $5,490
Selling for???
Hasselblad HC Macro f/4 120mm II Lens 30 23122 B&H Photo Video

Sandisk Extreme 128gb CF 160mb/s card
Bought for: $359.95
Selling for:???
SanDisk 128GB Extreme Pro CompactFlash Memory SDCFXPS-128G-A46

Sparky16

You may want to post your location and more about yourself, your blog and photo related history, plus your EBay handle at minimum.

No one is going to buy these expensive stuff from "BRAND NEW MEMBER WITH ZERO HISTOIRY"

PER BUY & SELL FORUM RULE, YOU'RE REQUIRED TO POST YOUR ASKING PRICES

Last edited:

joshreeder

Apparently i didn't read the rules very well!!!!

I did the rest of this in the post, maybe you mean need this info in profile or something...

I posted my site: joshreeder.com
I posted my Ebay handle is in the listing: joshreeder
My history? Travel and wedding photographer for 10 years, shot weddings in Hawaii, Scotland, Mexico and plenty of other places.
Shot for and published in Martha Stewart weddings, Scholastics magazines, the Tennessean.

Well here goes on pricing then...

h5d-40 body $9,100
100mm lens $3,200
120mm lens $4,100

That seems very fair for brand new items but I guess we shall see, like I said offers welcome!!!

joshreeder

A big shout out to the community here. 16 messages so far on the stuff. Negotiating on a few offers. Still time to make an offer. I know this is expensive stuff but a pretty rare situation and chance to own bh photo new gear vs used. Pm offers please and will post the closing prices so everyone knows what things go for.

joshreeder

Camera and card are sold!

Thanks to the community for being here and helping make this happen.

Death to eBay, long live community!

Sparky16

A big shout out to the community here. 16 messages so far on the stuff. Negotiating on a few offers. Still time to make an offer. I know this is expensive stuff but a pretty rare situation and chance to own bh photo new gear vs used. Pm offers please and will post the closing prices so everyone knows what things go for.
And now, please post the sale prices as you had mentioned.

joshreeder

These guys definitely got a good deal, but like I said i wanted to make it happen quick.

I sold the body and Sandisk card together for $8800 before paypal and shipping. Net $8,430.

I sold the 100mm and 120mm together for $5,600 net; buyer paid all fees.

total net was about $14,400.

BH had offered me $11,600. Those crazy goons sold it to my Insurance comapny for around $24,000.

Adorama had offered me at least $12,000 they said they would beat any "pro" offer I would get and maybe more and offered to pay shipping there and insurance and back if I didn't take their offer.

I was hoping to get $15k selling outright and got pretty darn close and sold and shipped within a week of posting.

Cheers, Josh

joshreeder

All in all the market for this stuff is not great, even new gear. The depreciation is pretty insane. At the end of the day I believe I made more than I would have on eBay for sure but I expected to get more for it.

Either way I am happy.

Giorgio

The market for this stuff consists of working image makers who insist on the the best tools available!
Most of these image makers prefer to buy from a added value vendor!