The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTT ; Nikon D4 for your D810

Sparky16

I know this is a long shot, but don't think it's impossible.

I have very low mileage(shutter count - less than 2,000), like new D4, 1 year old(no longer supplied with XQD card and reader, but I'll include SONY reader and 32GB XQD card) and want to trade it for your Nikon D810. I'll post photos if needed.

For established GetDPI members only, PM or text to 916 402 8830. I'm in Northern CA. Thanks for your consideration.

Steve

Sparky16

Thanks for your interest, but I just sold D800(less than a year old) for incredible price!
If I didn't get any offer for D810, I'll get a D750! :D

Sparky16

Trade offer withdrawn.

Buy Low, Sell high...great business strategy, but a LN D4 for straight up trade for a D810?
D4's resale went down a lot, same with D800 & D800e' s... these are being sold at unbelievable price as well, around $1600 for D800, well below $2000 for LN D800e.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
It's the nature of the release of the new, new thing unfortunately. It has very little to do with the worth of your D4 as a great camera - just that people won't pay as much today alas.

Good luck with your sale/trade.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Agree with Graham -- your deal could be great for anybody really wanting a D4 that still owns a D800/E... I considered it, but then I already own a Df and not really needing the pro level build of the full-on D4.

Sparky16

I agree with both Jack and Graham 100%.
Resale value for both D4 & D800/D800e are falling like rocks, at the same rate, not one is falling faster than the other.

I had people offering straight trade with his D810, another offered $800 + D800e, just can't comprehend their thinking. Their gear doesn't lose value at all while my stuff sank at the bottom of the Pacific ocean.