The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: 35mm cron version IV !!!!

Terry

Re: FS: 35mm cron version IV !!!!

I was asked if this was German or Canadian. It is Canadian.

patashnik

I have a German one that I'm thinking about selling, but aren't they the exact same lenses - apart from the place where they were made? I've owned the "Canadian" before, and I can't say I notice any differences...

Terry

Lowering price to $1050 !!!!! Great deal for someone.

jonoslack

I have a 28cron and 50lux and just wasn't using the 35 enough to justify holding on to it.
Congratulations Terry
My situation exactly, I had:
25 zeiss biogon
28 cv ultron
28 elmarit asph
35 'cron asph
50 'cron
50 zeiss sonnar

that's six lenses covering 25mm :wtf:

now it seems I'll have

25 zeiss
28 'cron
35 'cron (nobody wants it)
50 sonnar

but at least they're all lenses I really like, and it's a much more sensible spread.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I agree too --- and often, less is more. As much as I like the way the 35 ver IV renders, I prefer carrying as few lenses as possible, and find that my regular 28 and 50 pair cover about 80% of my M8 focal needs. Then my 21 and lowly old 90 TE thin covers the remaining 20% pretty well ;)

However, I could probably be convinced to do even fewer lenses and get to the trio of 21/35/75 if pressed, and in this scenario, the 35 ver IV would become my main lens.

woodyspedden

I think the choice between a 35 cron and the 28 cron asph is a difficult one. The 35 is way smaller, same speed, great bokeh etc. The 28 cron is, by comparison, way bigger, same speed, and has a wonderfully unique drawing style. One of leica's most unique lenses to be sure. But at an almost three to one price difference the choice is still difficult.

Woody