The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Hasselblad 250mm f5.6 Sonnar Superachromat (SA) CF

Mr.Gale

This is one of the top-of-the line lens of the Hasselblad system. I bought it new and used it very little. I quit using my Hasselblad system ~10 years ago and this lens has not been used since. It's a special purpose lens with unique optical design which gives perfect chromatic correction. An ideal lens for close portraits and tightly framed shots. The lens for sale is in Excellent Plus condition. Cosmetically, it shows very little sign of usage. Glass elements are clean without scratch and fungus. Focusing is smooth and accurate.

Included:
Lens
Hood
hasselblad UV filter
Front and Rear Caps
Leather Bag
Original Box

Price = $3800 I'll pay insured shipping (US only) you pay PayPal fees.

Let me know if you have any questions or need more photos.

Mr.Gale

fotophil

I have been shooting the "C" version of this lens for over 20 years - first on film and currently on digital. I have have found the lens to be very useful at both long distance landscapes and closeup work using a short extension tube. SHARP is an understatement!

Mr.Gale

Phil, what camera are you using yours on? I just bought a H4D-50 and was thinking this lens might work well on it but I'm reluctant to spend the money for the Hasselblad adapter .

Gale

fotophil

Hi Gale: In film days I used the 250 SA on a Hassy 503 and Flexibody. In digital days I have used a Leaf Aptus 5 (22 MP) on both Hassy bodies as well as on a Lecia S2. Critical focus is a challenge with a f/5.6 lens so I have developed some good eyepiece magnifiers for the S2. The 250 SA is considered by some to be one of the sharpest medium format telephoto lenses available so it should be good partner for the new CMOS medium format cameras with Live View. My bet is that it will become a valuable addition for owners of the Pentax P645Z and newest Lecia S.

Mr.Gale

Thanks for the feedback Phil. I'm very tempted to keep as you said, it is a VERY sharp lens.
Mr.Gale

fotophil

Hi Gale:

If there is a medium format digital camera with Live View Focusing in your future, the 250 SA lens will great for tripod landscape work. I have found 250mm to be a very useful focal length.

Ocean

Senior Subscriber Member
I have been using mine on Leica S2 and I am very happy with the IQ. The accuracy of the S2 in-focus indicator is pretty good. The focal length of the 250mm SA becomes 200mm which is very useful and Leica does not have any offerings in that range (yet).

Mr.Gale

New lowered price! (I found another lens that I want so I need the money! :))

$3400 net to me.

I'll pay for the shipping in the US, you pay for PayPal.