The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Gitzo G1228 MK2

markwon

This is one of the most robust and compact carbon fiber tripods available. Gitzo quality is unrivaled. My wife paid $500 for it. It was gift but I never used it since I shoot smaller rangefinders and never needed a heavy duty tripod. Comes with original box and packaging.

$390 shipped.

Description from B and H

Features
The 1228 is a remarkably rigid tripod capable of holding most 35mm & medium format gear and even some lighter field 4x5 cameras. The abundant advantages of carbon fiber make this tripod remarkable in many respects. Vibration reduction is wonderful, it is light enough to take everywhere and goes up and down very quickly. The build quality, ergonomics and non-rotating center column with positive locking action are the best in the industry. If you use 35mm and medium format gear and are looking for the ultimate in an ultra-light tripod of backpacking size, look no further than the 1228.
Stainless steel weight hook at the base of the center column
Fits comfortably on most camera backpacks

Model Number
B&H # GIG1228
Manufacturer # G1228
Specification
Maximum Height 60.6" (153.9 cm)
Maximum Height w/o Column Extended 52.0" (132.1 cm)
Minimum Height 12.6" (32.0 cm)
Folded Length 21.3" (54.1 cm)
Load Capacity 17.60 lb (7.98 kg)
Leg Sections 4
Leg Lock Type Twist
Independent Leg Spread Yes
Center Column Sections 1
Center Column Type Rapid
Center Brace No
Spiked Feet No
Head Mount Thread Size 1/4"-20 & 3/8"-16 (reversible stud)
Weight 3.40 lb (1.54 kg)

Not manfrotto arca Swiss Kirk markins giotto