The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Sigma DP1 plus extras

Amin

I've got the itch, so I'm selling my DP1 plus extras. I know there is a listing below from someone looking to buy a DP1. He and I have communicated, but no deal as of yet, so my DP1 is up for sale.

I purchased the camera early after it came out, so I doubt there is any warranty left. I bought it to test for the Serious Compacts website and haven't used it much besides those tests. I would estimate well under 1000 clicks, but again I don't know the exact number. If you know a way to check, I will be happy to do so.

Included in sale:
Sigma DP1 with box, original cap, and charger ($624 at B&H, $600 at Amazon)
Sigma VF-11 viewfinder ($149 at B&H, $96 at Amazon)
Sigma HA-11 hood ($18 at B&H, $11 at Amazon)
Extra Sigma BP-31 battery, which I've used only 2-3 times ($20 at B&H, $10 at Amazon)
Third party pinch-type cap that roughly fits the hood so you can leave the hood on with the lens protected (not a perfect fit, but it works)

Altogether new, this would cost $717 at Amazon or $791 (plus shipping) at B&H. My stuff is in excellent condition, very lightly used and well cared for. I installed an LCD screen protector day one, and the camera has never been bumped or dropped. On the rare occasions it has left my home, it has been well protected in a padded case. The included accessories are also in excellent condition.

Unlike some others, my DP1 has been problem free. I have never had the problem others have had with losing battery charge, so I haven't bothered to upgrade to latest firmware. There is no evidence of lens decentering.

You are welcome to download the RAW files from my DP1 tests (listed under Sigma DP1 shootout) in case you want to look for any problem with this camera -> http://www.seriouscompacts.com/2008/01/serious-compacts-selected-content.html

I am asking $500 (firm) for all, which includes PayPal and insured USPS Priority Mail shipping in the US. First firm "I'll take it" gets the DP1.

PayPal only please, no trades, and buyer must have PayPal-confirmed shipping address. Please do not offer to buy unless you have PayPal payment ready to go as soon as I accept your offer.

I have 100% positive feedback on Ebay and at FM as 'asabet'.

Thanks,
Amin

Amin

I just got home from work and examined the DP1 closely. I found a tiny nick in the finish on the front edge of the right side, measuring about 1mm long and about 1/4 mm thick. It is not noticeable at all. I will try to get a photo of it tonight if the DP1 hasn't already sold by then.

Also, I am willing to sell the DP1 separate from the added accessories. In that case, the price for the DP1 (includes cap, box, 1 battery, charger) would be $425 (includes shipping and PayPal).

Amin

I changed my mind and don't want to sell the camera separately, so it's back to the lot for $500.